Betty Lou and Prarie Dawn Appreciation Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If Betty Lou never did anything else in the entire span of Sesame Street, she will always have a soft spot in my heart for her saga from Season One, "The Boy, the Girl, and the Jellybeans". Nicely illustrated in one of the SS storybooks, but Frank really brought her to life in this 3-part skit. (BTW, this one is WAY overdue to be viewed again. Hasn't been seen for a few decades now. Who do I have to bribe to bring this one back from Limbo?)

mr3urious

Reaction score
Betty Lou sure was wasted potential. The producers unfortunately didn't give her much of a chance to develop her character, unlike Prairie. Ditto the tomboyish, scientific-minded, and slightly ditzy yellow monster Ruby.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Man, it would be great to see Prairie on the show again, instead of a brief cameo apperance. Besides, I always wonder what would happen if Prairie met Abby.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that only certain puppeteers are available on certain days, and there's a budget conflict if they get too many of them in a single episode. Fran basically only does Zoe and the occasional incidental character now. We really need more Prairie stuff on the show.