Popular Shows that You Hate

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is just about the only thread that we haven't done yet, among Shows Only You Like, Movie You Like But Everybody Else Hates, and Movies You Hate That Everybody Else Love... so, might as well even things out.

So, where do I begin...

THE BIG BANG THEORY
THE EXES
FAMILY GUY
GLEE
HAPPILY DIVORCED
HOT IN CLEVELAND
THE OFFICE
RETIRED AT 35
THE SOUL MAN
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

Well, actually, nobody else likes HOT IN CLEVELAND, RETIRED AT 35, THE EXES, HAPPILY DIVORCED, or THE SOUL MAN either, but TV Land keeps treating them like they ARE popular, so yeah...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure there's some audience that likes the Disney Channel sitcoms, but I don't. I hear criticism that they're relying too much on the gimmick of the show, but there are some that use it for some really absurdist bits I kinda like.

I actually like Big Bang Theory (if I'm in the mood for it) and SpongeBob (well, just the first three seasons and the movie). All the rest I haven't seen, or seen enough of to make an opinion of. Even so, if I didn't like the show, I wouldn't watch it; it's plain and simple.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
The Big Bang- As a huge nerd, people assume I watch Big Bang Theory, but I despise it. Also, the show is basically a half-hour commercial for DC Comics, I know Sheldon famously sports Flash and Green Lantern t-shirts, but it seems like Marvel comics doesn't exist in the Big Bang Universe, which is just dumb.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Big Bang- As a huge nerd, people assume I watch Big Bang Theory, but I despise it.
I get that ALL THE TIME too; the common thing I get a lot from people are, "Hey, you'd LOVE THE BIG BANG THEORY, it's a show about nerds, AND it's got a laugh track!" Only, these character do not, in any way, represent the kinds of people known as "nerds" that I knew and/or affiliated myself with, and just because you hear laughter on a sitcom doesn't mean it's automatically a laugh track (there are such a thing as live audience shows, and this is a live show), but I digress.

I kind of disliked RUGRATS as a kid... I didn't outright hate it, I just thought it was a little overrated, and as a kid, I found the more overrated something became, the more impossible it became for me to like it. Same with Powerpuff Girls, I checked it out at first, and it was pretty good, but then the more and more popular it became, the less and less appealing it was.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory (just not funny to me)
Family Guy (too mean-spirited for my tastes)
The Fairly Oddparents (at least it was popular when I told people I hated it back in middle school)
Everybody Loves Raymond (every episode follows the same formula, the men do something wrong, the women make a big deal over it, and then they argue)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never really watched a lot of Raymond at first, mainly because I saw it as kind of an inferior dueling show to SEINFELD (one of the reasons I used to hate HOGAN'S HEROES, because I saw it as an inferior show to M*A*S*H), though I've watched a few episodes, and it's not really as bad as I originally believed it to be. True, it does get formulaic at times, though there are occasions where they break away from that formula, and do something a little different that's amusing, they're just few and far between.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory: It's not funny, poorly written and awful.
Glee: Not a good show, plus they butcher songs (Mainly oldies)
Family Guy: It's rude, not funny.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Big Bang- As a huge nerd, people assume I watch Big Bang Theory, but I despise it. Also, the show is basically a half-hour commercial for DC Comics, I know Sheldon famously sports Flash and Green Lantern t-shirts, but it seems like Marvel comics doesn't exist in the Big Bang Universe, which is just dumb.
Big Bang Theory is produced by Warner Bros, who owns DC. Marvel stuff is there, but they mention it, rather than show it. They'd have to pay Disney for the character likeness rights, even if it's just on a shirt or a poster. If they're not going to have another massive JLA/Avengers cross over, then they aren't going to bother with a few T-shirts and background toys for Marvel.

I'd say Zula Patrol, but it's not so much popular as it is rerun all freaking day. And on the Weekends, it actually airs opposite itself on PBS Kids and Qubo for an hour.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I kind of disliked RUGRATS as a kid... I didn't outright hate it, I just thought it was a little overrated, and as a kid, I found the more overrated something became, the more impossible it became for me to like it.
Did you start watching it before or after the new baby arrived? Kinda of a jumped the shark moment, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did you start watching it before or after the new baby arrived? Kinda of a jumped the shark moment, lol.
Before. I remember seeing the movie in theaters as a matter of fact, but even then, I never really watched it regularly, I just kind of watched it in spells, whenever I felt like it.