Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's another video of Ryan playing Elmo at the 2013 Sesame Gala:
. Thankfully, it seems like we don't have to worry about the chemistry between Elmo and Zoe being different. It seems like Fran has had time to adjust to the fact that Kevin left.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You got that from one second at the end?

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can see the chemistry yet in that short clip, but it is neat they're still kind of paired up there...as Murray hangs way out alone in the back, yelling over the children's heads like he does. That was a really nice video though, thanks for sharing!:fanatic:

Even though this thread is mostly kinda down aaaand even though I think Ryan's doing an awesome job here, does anyone else get the impression he may be overdoing it a little on the "yeahs" and "come ons" when interacting with others? He's a lot more giggly and you can feel more of him trying to get people into him more than Clash's more natural performance. I'm sure it's a nervousness thing he'll grow out of as he gets more into character over time (it reminds me of the way Tartaglia's Gobo bounces and swings his arm so much), but I'm just wondering if anyone else sees that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Ryan isn't using the kinda ugly Elmo puppet that Kevin used during his last few months on the show?

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Ooooh, I can see it now, he's got a fatter fluffier head and a weird overbite/jowly mouth shape. I wonder why that is? :search: His rebuilds are usually not that off looking. I wonder if they fixed up a new one for Mr. Dillon's debut or Clash's last Elmo was just a temporary or special puppet, or if they just happened to pick up two different Elmos they had lying around those weeks. Either way I'm glad Ryan's using the more familiar streamlined and well-groomed one now!

Animal31

Reaction score
According to Kevin, there were nine of them in use. But I think it would be safe to say Ryan was made his own for the show. Not sure about the one being used for appearances though....