Bring back the Muppet Show!

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
I just pray that it will come back. Maybe more lines for the Muppets who don't talk much.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Nobody has seasons 4 & 5 on DVD. Neither are out due to copyright reasons with songs. And yeah you can watch them on YouTube but its not the same as watching them in high quality on your tv screen.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Plus the rest of the Mupppet movies.

All I have is Muppets in Space, The Muppets, and the Muppet movie

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I would love it for The Muppet Show to come back in reruns and even a new Muppet TV series that had the same wonderful quality as Muppets Tonight and even MuppeTelevision from The Jim Henson Hour. But just reviving The Muppet Show for a 6th Season, part of me feels uncomfortable for so many reasons. In my opinion and mine alone The Muppet Show was Jim's show, as well as the original crew around him that most of them aren't with us anymore or they are off doing other things outside The Muppets. But if there was a new version of The Muppet Show like Muppets Tonight and Brain Henson was in charge of it, It would be just great. I'd love that, even with Frank Oz being consultant again. :smile: I grew up watching The Muppet Show when it aired on Nickelodeon in the 90s and when Muppets Tonight came out on both ABC and then Disney Channel at the time, I'm proud to say that I was there when it originally aired. As a kid, I didn't know that The Muppet Show was reruns, I didn't even though it was made and ended before I was born. Which is one of the great aspects of them is that they are timeless. Even with thier style of comedy and Rock Music, some may tell me to stop living in Nostalgia, get on with the times. But I've been a person who's been interested in Old School entertainment. Even though there are fans here that are really enjoying what Disney has been doing with the current projects and that's okay with me, we all have the right to our opinion even If I don't really care for the current stuff myself. There's many reasons why were fans, we love the different aspects of The Muppets which is a very beautiful thing. For me, my favorite aspect of The Muppets besides it's wonderful unique puppetry style created for the television medium is their wild irreverent anarchy humor and rock music. Perhaps there's people who could at the old days of Monsters and Explosions as just a piece of history, a product of it's time. All I can say is call me Crazy Harry. lol Even the bad puns where campy funny. I remember there was on episode where Robin walked up to his Uncle Kermit saying how there's a play for little frogs, "Low and Green". Suddenly he has does this goofy comedic movement with his elbows and Kermit says "Robin, your as bad as they (other animal Muppets making bad jokes) are, now get out of here!". It's hard to describe the original writing style which as an old school fan as myself really truely misses. I've gotten negative responses regarding my opinions that to me it's just not the same. But again, I resprect everyone's opinions even if they disagree with me and vise versa. I feel if we are here enjoy The Muppets we all love in one way or another, that's all that matters. :smile:

So again, I don't think a revival would be a good idea but a new Muppet series would. I still hope if it ever happens again, I would love it to be just as wild as Muppets Tonight was. :smile: