Popular Shows that You Hate

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Any and all reality television. Well, I do like to watch ones with creative competitions sometimes. Not the singing ones, but if they cook or create something. I dig that in small doses.

While I enjoy procedurals, I can't stand anything NCIS. I don't want them canceled. I just don't like them. Can't connect with them. Maybe it's the military thing. I don't know.

The biggest one I loathe is the Walking Dead. I know. Everybody loves that show. I don't. I barely choked down the first season before dropping it. Every episode goes like this:
Wander in the wilderness --> Get attacked by zombies --> Someone's loved one somehow becomes a zombie --> Shoot them in the head!
Colorful as that is, one cycle of it is enough for me. And after the show's creator admitted that they'd never reveal the source or reason of the outbreak, I completely wrote it off. Blech! If you want to see an interesting take on zombies, watch In The Flesh. The first season is only 3 episodes long and it tells a much more compelling story.

As for Big Bang. LOVE IT! A season set is like crack to me. I have to watch them all straight through. Different strokes for different folks. Sheldon's OCD nature speaks to me. I know many people like that and have a little bit of his affliction myself. They do mention X-Men and other Marvel properties. However, the keen observation is that they do promote DC Comics the most because they have a film partnership with Warner Brothers, the producer of the program. Every company with similar partnerships is guilty of the same synergy.

On a more positive note, the best shows that I'm addicted to these days:
Game of Thrones, Nurse Jackie, The Killing, Shameless (US), Breaking Bad, Doctor Who, The Newsroom, Downton Abbey and several others.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Any and all reality television. Well, I do like to watch ones with creative competitions sometimes. Not the singing ones, but if they cook or create something. I dig that in small doses.
I'd say that too, but that's far too easy. Especially the absolute soul destroying stuff on A&E and worse off TLC. I don't care what cultists have too darn many kids, what trailer trash stereotype has ugly kids, or some 750 pound kid who's considered a Half Ton, because that's incredibly sensationalistic to call them that.

Also want to say Maury Povich, but I've been on that soapbox for years. His show is insipid and uninspired. I hate Jerry Springer too, but at least Jerry's trying for a camp ironic audience. Maury's just beating a dead horse with the "Who's the Father of this poor poor ho" crap.

As for Big Bang. LOVE IT! A season set is like crack to me. I have to watch them all straight through. Different strokes for different folks. Sheldon's OCD nature speaks to me. I know many people like that and have a little bit of his affliction myself. They do mention X-Men and other Marvel properties. However, the keen observation is that they do promote DC Comics the most because they have a film partnership with Warner Brothers, the producer of the program. Every company with similar partnerships is guilty of the same synergy.

Sheldon is the reason I bother with the program. I love the show for him and Amy Farrah Fowler. Plus, I have to applaud them for mercifully marrying off Wallowitz. The fact he was a little horn dog was getting stale just before he met Bernadette. Now all they need to do is stop making Raj a Buttmonkey. Still, I really do like the show.

But again, corporate synergy is one thing... having to pay for character likeness rights is another. It's the same reason why you can no longer really mention real word products in television shows and have to come up with crummy Bland Names.

Did you start watching it before or after the new baby arrived? Kinda of a jumped the shark moment, lol.
The show jumped the shark long before that. When one of the producer jerks tried lobotomizing Angelica and neutering the adult humor in the show turning it into a Muppet Babies clone (just before the movie, in fact)... that's when the show stopped being great. Then Nick had to plaster the show on the network at least 10 times worse than they do today with Spongebob, to the point where there was a marathon every single weekend... UGH! The movies themselves weren't too bad, though. The less said about All Grown Up the better. I didn't exactly hate it, but it wasn't all that interesting. And there were already tween shows like it.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
DORA THE EXPLORER (Yes I know everybody hates DORA THE EXPLORER but I might as well put this on here for a reason cause it's popular with little girls)
DOCTOR WHO (Yes people, I hate DOCTOR WHO, you might as well put a flamethrower on this.)
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS (I used to like it, but the program has SUCKED PERIOD since after the movie, so what's the point.)
DEXTER'S LABORATORY (Yes people, I hate DEXTER'S LAB too, but what do you expect, you have to deal with the most annoying characters on EARTH, who are Mandark and Dee Dee)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'd say that too, but that's far too easy. Especially the absolute soul destroying stuff on A&E and worse off TLC. I don't care what cultists have too darn many kids, what trailer trash stereotype has ugly kids, or some 750 pound kid who's considered a Half Ton, because that's incredibly sensationalistic to call them that.

Also want to say Maury Povich, but I've been on that soapbox for years. His show is insipid and uninspired. I hate Jerry Springer too, but at least Jerry's trying for a camp ironic audience. Maury's just beating a dead horse with the "Who's the Father of this poor poor ho" crap.

Sheldon is the reason I bother with the program. I love the show for him and Amy Farrah Fowler. Plus, I have to applaud them for mercifully marrying off Wallowitz. The fact he was a little horn dog was getting stale just before he met Bernadette. Now all they need to do is stop making Raj a Buttmonkey. Still, I really do like the show.

But again, corporate synergy is one thing... having to pay for character likeness rights is another. It's the same reason why you can no longer really mention real word products in television shows and have to come up with crummy Bland Names.

The show jumped the shark long before that. When one of the producer jerks tried lobotomizing Angelica and neutering the adult humor in the show turning it into a Muppet Babies clone (just before the movie, in fact)... that's when the show stopped being great. Then Nick had to plaster the show on the network at least 10 times worse than they do today with Spongebob, to the point where there was a marathon every single weekend... UGH! The movies themselves weren't too bad, though. The less said about All Grown Up the better. I didn't exactly hate it, but it wasn't all that interesting. And there were already tween shows like it.
I'm glad they finally gave Wolowitz some sort of character development arc and I admit that the other characters sorely need them too. They've been playing it safe for too long. It's kind of like 3rd Rock in the way these characters deal with the outside world and I find that very funny. They just need to throw something else in the mix. There's always next season. Hey, maybe Superman will show up and steal Leonard's girlfriend. Apparently she's dating him in real life. That'll get some DC characters on the show! :super:

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
Here's another one I hate:
DUCK DYNASTY: I don't see why everybody likes this load of garbage! I disagree with the whole concept of the show and plus, why would anyone want a show about a family of duck-call makers who at times do things that I think are just outlandish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's another one I hate:
DUCK DYNASTY: I don't see why everybody likes this load of garbage! I disagree with the whole concept of the show and plus, why would anyone want a show about a family of duck-call makers who at times do things that I think are just outlandish.
They're a spinoff show of BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR: they were a client of his in one early episode where he and his brother Ricky had to exterminator water moccasins from one of their duck blinds, unaware that they were also infested with wasps - Ricky got attacked, and because he's allergic, they had to leave and get him medical attention: that was the only job they never finished (at least on the show).

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
They're a spinoff show of BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR: they were a client of his in one early episode where he and his brother Ricky had to exterminator water moccasins from one of their duck blinds, unaware that they were also infested with wasps - Ricky got attacked, and because he's allergic, they had to leave and get him medical attention: that was the only job they never finished (at least on the show).
A Spinoff of another show...Wow, I guess DUCK DYNASTY is one AWFUL spin-off if ask me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never watched it myself, so I don't really know how it plays out, however, I DO genuinely like BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR, if only because it's consistently so unintentionally funny that it's hysterical.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Before. I remember seeing the movie in theaters as a matter of fact, but even then, I never really watched it regularly, I just kind of watched it in spells, whenever I felt like it.
Ah, well like Dr. Tooth said, the show actually did jump the shark long before the baby anyway. I was a huge fan of Rugrats but never bothered seeing the movie at the time.