• The Muppets 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Share your title below.)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I hate to double post, but I have some good news and bad news.

The good news is that Disney showed another teaser for the movie at CineEurope, this time with a little intro from Kermit.

The bad news is that despite my extensive search for the reel, it's nowhere to be found.

beaker

Reaction score
Weird thing is, this Muppet movie actually looks to be a direct sequel off the last film. The first time that's ever happened.

Of course, said last movie took the first three films into canon (partially as the fact they were films), which is a rare example of Muppet continuity... even though none of those original films had a canon.

Only other time it was attempted was in VMX, with that one off Doc Hopper's reference.

But they're not canon. It's meant as more meta. As Ive pointed out there is no Muppet canon aside from what the Muppets say in interviews, as they are just actors. The past movies in The Muppets are acknowledged as film work the Muppets have done. Actually the first original films felt way more "real world" than The Muppets, which had all sorts of cartoonish unrealistic elements. Other than Animal growing to ginormous sizes, the original trilogy kept things pretty low key. (which I love)

Muppets Oz, Muppets From Space, The Muppets, Letters to Santa, IAVMMCM, etc all takes place in this fantastical cartoonish world and I wish they could get back to more realism

beaker

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if this next film is considered a continuation or not because the only bit of Muppet canon is that they are merely for-hire players that come together to make movies. Basically none of them are canon. Not even the Muppet Show, really.
Exactly. Pepe on Craig Fergusson=canon. Pepe in Muppets From Space=not canon.

I think there's a loose cannon that threads most Muppet productions together. Kermit is from the swamp, has an on again off again relationship with Piggy, and Gonzo doesnt know what he is. Though that runs in with the off production characters. I never felt what happened in the films was canon too. I dont believe Gonzo is an alien or that Kermit and Piggy are married.

What Im curious now is what will Walter's role be, as even though everyone originally rolled their eyes at the design...Walter came to be the best thing about The Muppets. It was as if one of us got put into the movie.

beaker

Reaction score
Given the film does not come out til March of 2014, I wouldnt expect any trailers soon. Maybe a teaser during the August kid film dump, but who knows. I still can't get over how expansive the Muppets 2011 film advertising was!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like we have fallen into that dry ditch between a load of movie developments and the actual advertising campaign?. I've always hated this part because all we can do now is contemplate on what we know. I'd give anything just to see even the tiniest snidget of the film.

On the other hand, I'm excited because this marks the first time I've had to play the waiting game for any Muppet project. I'm chomping at the bit!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppets Oz, Muppets From Space, The Muppets, Letters to Santa, IAVMMCM, etc all takes place in this fantastical cartoonish world and I wish they could get back to more realism
Like that first film where a billboard with a fresh cream pie hits Doc Hopper, and they read their own script?

The only Muppet movie that had any realism was MTM. That stands as the odd one out.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Like that first film where a billboard with a fresh cream pie hits Doc Hopper, and they read their own script?

The only Muppet movie that had any realism was MTM. That stands as the odd one out.
I totally agree unless he's talking about the way it was filmed, which was a major peeve for me in the last movie. They've always been cartoonish in the world's logic, but they've been directed a bit more colorful and "kid's movie"-ish as of late...which is odd to me at least in "The Muppets," since the rest are TV movies and..the Muppet movie that feels like a TV movie. Like The Muppet Movie was cartoonish and nutty in the script but it looked just like the real world so it wasn't always as winking-in-your-face "this is silly and there's puppets."

That is weird though, I never really thought about MTM being the one "realistic" one, but it kind of us.