Simpsons Itchy & Scratchy Poster: Comic-Con 2013

jvcarroll

Reaction score
My latest silkscreen print, officially licensed through Acme Archives, will be available at this year's Comic-Con. Check it out in this press release (it shows the accompanying variant).

Some pieces will also be available via DarkInkArt.com after the con.​
Also, don't forget that my Electric Mayhem piece is still available at DarkInkArt.com.​

Muppets © Disney / Simpsons © & TM Twentieth Century Fox Television​
Officially Licensed through Acme Archives Ltd. All Rights Reserved.​
© 2013​

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Lovely.

But I thought you didn't like the Simpsons so much.
I like the Simpsons a lot. Not on a Muppets level, of course, but a lot. It's been on for so many years that it's easy to take for granted. Some seasons are better than others. It's kind of like Law & Order in that way. There's always a rerun on so DVDs are really unnecessary. I like Futurama too.

As for this poster, it was on my list of ideas a year before Acme asked for one. . So much of the Simpsons art is yellow that I felt this would be a welcome change. Not much art for these fellas. A lot of research went into it. The folks at Fox only had one requested change. A lot of work goes into creating silkscreen knock-outs too. That's why so many silkscreen prints use simpler graphics.

I also hope that Bob's Burgers will reach the point to warrant fine art someday. I have some ideas!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also hope that Bob's Burgers will reach the point to warrant fine art someday. I have some ideas!
I'm pretty disappointed about this, but it looks like they're not even going to bother after this season. I'm a HUGE Bob's Burgers fan. I even Co-splayed him (pathetic for someone my age, but add the mustache, and I'm pretty much perfectly looking like him, so it was hard to resist). But it's on the wrong channel and venue. I really don't want to see the show disappear after the 13 episodes upcoming.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed about this, but it looks like they're not even going to bother after this season. I'm a HUGE Bob's Burgers fan. I even Co-splayed him (pathetic for someone my age, but add the mustache, and I'm pretty much perfectly looking like him, so it was hard to resist). But it's on the wrong channel and venue. I really don't want to see the show disappear after the 13 episodes upcoming.
Really? I thought Bob's Burgers was renewed.

Well, a year ago I plotted out different pieces for different properties under Acme. Flay Me to the Moon was one of them, but the time wasn't right last year. The opportunity opened up for me this year and that could happen with Bob's Burgers somewhere down the line. We'll see. Acme has such a huge library of titles to work with so there's so much more to focus on. Still, Bob's Burgers would be awesome. I know of at least two dozen sales among my friends. It's just getting that 200 more. :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
Wow awesome work on both Jamie. I quite like the red Electric Mayhem variant, hard to choose!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Wow awesome work on both Jamie. I quite like the red Electric Mayhem variant, hard to choose!
Thanks! All the variants are brightly colored this time. No more muted palettes I guess. :wink:

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's actually kind of cool. I like em both, and even if Bob's Burgers DOES get canned, I'd like to see what you come up with for that show.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
Really? I thought Bob's Burgers was renewed.
It was. I was talking about this upcoming season's worth of 13 episodes. A disappointing order. Plus, they've only released the second season as burn on demand, not a full in store release like AD and FG. The last show to get that distinction was The Cleveland Show, and that season turned out to be the last.

If BB does get cancelled, it should be renewed by another channel, something on cable where it belongs. Make no mistake. Bob's Burgers has become the show I look forward to the most on Fox's Sunday Nights.

I really got to do more with Bob on my DA page as well... All I have is this reference to the horrible Tomb of Dracula Japanese cartoon.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Unless they put a new show on Sundays at 8:30pm and put the new episodes of Bob's Burgers on at 7 or 7:30, THEN we know they're gonna end up cancelling it.

Daniel