New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Got some news. Kesley Grammar, best known as Dr. Frasier Crane, is going to be playing Beast in X-Men 3.

ryan

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Got some news. Kesley Grammar, best known as Dr. Frasier Crane, is going to be playing Beast in X-Men 3.

ryan

Wha?????????????? :confused:

That one throws me for a loop. What happened to the dude who briefly appeared as Hank McCoy in X2? To me, Kelsey Grammar is a television guy...he should stick with that. Anyone who's seen Down Periscope can attest to that. I hope he proves me wrong, because Beast is one of my favorite X-Men, but I don't see Kelsey Grammar as an action guy.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
That one throws me for a loop. What happened to the dude who briefly appeared as Hank McCoy in X2?

To answer my own question, the guy's name is Steve Bacic. I checked out his credits on IMDB.com and he's a very established actor. He's also younger and has more of a superhero look about him that Kelsey Grammar lacks. However, Kelsey Grammar is very articulate and smart and the more I think about it, might be able to pull off the role of Beast.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yey! Beast!

Any news on what look he will have? Regular? Or Blue furry (badly CGI'ed) beast!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I'm assuming Bo,I did see about Kelsey too;only way that film-makers can have the chr. is to use loads of make-up,along with the CGI. Don't see how else it can be done.Just curious as to why Kelsey Grammer? I do agree he is more a tv actor than movie actor.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I'm guessing they chose him for his voice...I think they might do the same thinhg they did with Abe Sapien from "Hellboy"-Another actor in the suit while the main actor provides the voice...and in this case, it was David Hyde Pierce. (Coooosssmic...)

I still have yet to see "Kicking and Screaming" (Will Ferrell is hilarious, and Rachel Harris is in it as well as the kid who played Beans on "Even Stevens" and one of Chicago's icons, Mike Ditka) but I'd like to see "Madagascar", even if Ali G is in it. (Ick.)

This month, I saw "House of Wax" (Which had a good story among the gory parts.) and Ep. 3. (The final piece of the puzzle, but sad and enjoyable at the same time.) And next month is "Batman Begins". :big_grin:

And as you can tell from my avatar, I'm a fan of the Sommersverse and there are rumors going around that Stephen Sommers still wants to make a third "Mummy" centering around Ardeth Bey (Oded Fehr) but he has too much on his plate already...even though I wouldn't mind seeing the adaptation of "Kingdom for Sale" by Terry Brooks he's directing. (I'm reading it now.) I'm hoping he doesn't screw up "Flash Gordon" and that he gets to the 2nd "Van Helsing". I prolly haven't been a fan of a director since George Lucas with this guy...even though the first movie of his I saw ("Deep Rising") was horrible. But no one's perfect and he's more than made up for it. :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I hate Stephen Sommers and his Mummy movies. I've seen both and they're very bad. I also say Van Hellsing and that was also very bad. This guy can't write that well. No offense Lady Hyde!!!

ryan

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I'm starting to think those movies are really geared towards us girls...he IS surrounded by girls at home, actually. :smile: But a friend of mine and I think that he should co-write one of those movies with Jim V. Hart. (the screenwriter behind MCC and MTI who also did "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and "Hook".)

Speaking of movies to dislike, not very happy about "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". That's because I never thought Violet deserved that torture to begin with. All she was dealing with were insensetive parents and when she gets her day in the spotlight, her dad tries to take it from her. I don't blame her for acting like that, she's just a kid that wants attention and lashes out because she doesn't think they care about her at all. And when something does happen, it's just too late for him to start caring. And I've seen in the commerical that she's hugging her idol, but he just frankly doesn't care. :mad: I never thought that movie should've been made in the first place...since it was around the time of the Women's rights movement and something terrible happening to an outspoken girl was just plain offensive. If you do think about it, the title character of "Matilda" was in the same situation, where her parents were self-absorbed and her dad did terrible things...but she got to punish him, like dying his hair and gluing his hat onto his head. :smile: But, she learns that not all adults are bad, which makes me think the story was an apology for Violet. I mean, stop calling her horrible! She's just acting like a lot of children that have to deal with uncaring parents.

The other girl however...should've been slapped. Literally and figuratively.

But, that's what I think.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
It hasn't been released yet, but they've started to run commercials here, and I always click 'em off.