Old Joe replica

Michiel

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Michiel, new to this forum!

I am working on a project that I would like to share with people of the same interest!

Always loved the Muppet Christmas Carol movie so I decided to make an Old Joe Replica.
Old Joe appears just for a few minutes in the film but I think he is a great character.

I started out with the melon head pattern from project puppet as a base shape, then started collecting all sort of fabrics washing and dying them.

This is the original Old Joe.

Starting the project:

Cutting tracing foam

Michiel

Reaction score
Some more progress pictures....

This is how far I am in the project right now ... Decided to make two at the same time, that way I can correct my mistakes! Will finish the two heads first and then begin with the body's..
Tomorrow I will be making the hair. Then still lots of work to do..... coloring the teeth, dyeing the hat ribbon ,making a tongue and lots of little things.

Hope you like the project so far!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whew! And I thought I was getting obscure when I made a replica of Sidebottom Fraggle. I can't place this character and I've seen MCC several times. When I caught a glimpse of the eyes I thought the character was a recycled Begoonie puppet, but that turns out not to be the case. Is he a spider?

Your puppets look very good so far. I can see you're really going all-out on it. I was about to suggest ostrich feathers for some of the head fluff, but I think I see a pink feather in the corner of the last photo.

Michiel

Reaction score
Thank you! I am using the Feathers indeed! The hair is going to be build up with lots of different materials.. He is a spider.... but in the movie he has only six arms/legs!
In the movie Old Joe is offered the clothes/linen of the dead Scrooge .....as shown to Scrooge by the ghost of the future. ..I dont think there are many Old Joe replica's out there:smile: But somebody has to do it:smile: I am trying to make it look just like the movie but it is a challenge to find the right fabrics. Will post more pictures..

Michiel

Reaction score
The hair is coming along but needs to be thicker/dense. More work to do with wool and feathers... ! Thinking about using slightly bigger/flatter pupils 18 mm instead of 16mm......Fabrics for the scarf and jacket came in today! Was going to make a scaled down body .....this for practical reasons but decided to make it full scale anyway. Enlarged my bodyhull making patterns today at the copy shop.

picture for reference...

Picture of he old body hulls going to make them twice the size now.

Henson stitching:smile: