New movies coming out...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I saw War of the Worlds yesterday....

Very suspenseful movie and good acting by Crusie and Fanning. I also liked Tim Robbins small but memorable appearance. Really enjoyable movie. However, the ending was somewhat of a disappointment.

3 out of 4 stars.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think I will see Crash if it comes out in the theatre near us, if not I may go ssee Batman. Not decided yet. It all depends on what they are playing.

Emosewa

Reaction score
Ehh.. I'm in no rush for War of the Worlds. Never heard of Crash. -_- But I am waiting eagarly for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and the Corpse Bride (reminds me very very much of nightmare before christmas, same style and all..).

Beauregard

Reaction score
And I am believing you. Not an action flick, or anything with special effects, but a movie that moves you and makes you think. It will certainly make a change. Also, any chance to see Sandra Bullock is worth snatching.

unclematt

Reaction score
Sandra's role is very small. The most surprising thing for me was Ludacris. He was outstanding. He is one heck of an actor.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Saw Fantastic Four friday. Not a bad movie. I thought it would be cheesy like the previews were making it out to be but it's pretty good. The movie shows how the Fantastic Four got their powers and shows how the villian of the movie, Doom, gets his powers. The story also deals with some of the problems some of the members of the group have to go through like The Thing and how he wants to be human since he doesn't look human like the rest of the team. of course, the movie ended to show that there wil be a sequel. Overal, not a bad film, despite what critics say.

2 1/2 out of 4 stars.

ryan

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
By the way, I see the new "Star Wars" movie coming into this weekend is already at $315 million and #15 of all time for money earnings. Pretty good for only being out for 3 weeks. I'd say it has a good shot at making the number 2 slot (currently held by the original 1977 Star Wars - $460 million).
The toughie will be beating #1 of all time "Titanic". It made over $600 million.
Well now it's a month later and the new "Star Wars" movie is at #9 of all time at $370 million. So I highly doubt it will pass the original "Star Wars" at $460. There's still more weeks in the summer to go, of course, but it's only been making about $5 million a week now, and continuing to slow down. Plus, there's the fact of the movie going patrons being on the decline this year. Still, it's impressive it is in the top ten grossing films of all time. I now predict it will end up at #6.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I did see "Fantastic Four" today...and it's totally making me get all SFX makeup-artist...I'm wanting to try to find some guinea pigs (besides me) to do Victor's metal scars and frozen Reed...

But man, a LOT of people had body image issues in that movie...

Johnny was one of my favorite characters, like when he pulls the ol' shaving cream in the hand trick on Ben. :crazy:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I saw Batman Begins and loved it.

I saw War of the Worlds and thought it was pretty good. Except for leaving out a bunch of stuff in the beginning and setting it in modern times, it followed the book fairly well.

I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith, laughed all the way through it, and still thought it wasn't very good. I think a lot of comedies fail because at some point they take themselves too seriously. This movie's problem was that it didn't take itself seriously enough.

I recently rented The Jacket. It's an alright movie. What ruined it for me was a scene stolen straight from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

I also recently rented The Grudge. It's very much like The Ring in some ways. Having been an Americanized Japanese film I think perhaps some of the story may have been lost in translation. Some scenes seemed kind of pointless, as did some characters.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Fantastic Four, March of the Penguins, Crash, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.