So... Sesame Street Season 44!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just watched some of those clips that have been uploaded, and what great clips I've seen so far.

Is that Frank Oz as the orange gold biker in Sons of Poetry? At times he sounds a bit like Bert, but at times he also sounds gruffer. Or maybe it's Eric Jacobson in an original role. And I lead biker's voice sounds a little like a Jerry Nelson voice. Is that Matt Vogel performing him?

That alphabet song is also great. At first I thought it would basically be an updated version of the beginning of episode 406, until they listed words that aren't character names. Great to see Ernie with a line (too bad we couldn't have had "E is for Ernie" instead of "E is for Elmo", especially when there's "B is for Bert"). And as usual it's great to see Murray with the other main characters.

And is it Kevin Clash performing Elmo in these clips? I've heard Ryan Dillion's Elmo, which is good but a little softer.... Or maybe he's already improved on an already-good Elmo voice.

It's great that we've been getting new Two-Headed Monster material in the last few years, but why don't they sound out words anymore? Somebody mentioned that they don't like that Chris always has to be an announcer on these segments, and I am already getting tired of it myself.

The Orange SOP is Eric, and the lead one is Joey.

Kevin's the one doing Elmo in the clips; keep in mind, the majority of the season was filmed before he left.

As for the Two-Headed Monster, I'm assuming they don't sound out words anymore because the newer bits will be a lot easier to air on the international shows. Otherwise, they'd end up like the Dutch version of the CHEESE sketch, where they erase the word and don't even dub the dialogue, so it makes for a confusing bit. Outside of any alphabet segments, I don't think early reading is taught in any form lately.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for the Two-Headed Monster, I'm assuming they don't sound out words anymore because the newer bits will be a lot easier to air on the international shows. Otherwise, they'd end up like the Dutch version of the CHEESE sketch, where they erase the word and don't even dub the dialogue, so it makes for a confusing bit. Outside of any alphabet segments, I don't think early reading is taught in any form lately.
That AND not all the Twoheaded Monster skits were sounding out words. Personally, I'm just glad they're still using this great character(s) instead of dumping them in the pile of forgotten fan favorites. It's still the same great Two Headed Monster humor, no matter what they do with it.

Secondly, link? I'd love to see how they did that cheese segment. Sounds weird. But it only makes sense for SW to think internationally. There's so many skits that make no sense whatsoever when dubbed... and they totally dub them anyway.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Secondly, link? I'd love to see how they did that cheese segment. Sounds weird. But it only makes sense for SW to think internationally. There's so many skits that make no sense whatsoever when dubbed... and they totally dub them anyway.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ah I love it when they pull someone back in that we have not seen much of. Guy Smiley looked and sounded great. I must say that Cookie sounded better as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That AND not all the Twoheaded Monster skits were sounding out words. Personally, I'm just glad they're still using this great character(s) instead of dumping them in the pile of forgotten fan favorites. It's still the same great Two Headed Monster humor, no matter what they do with it..

I know. Though I a surprised they didn't make new sounding out segments (or even reair older ones) in season 38 when the main curriculum goal was reading.

Though it seems they keep being used and then not. I've read that David Rudman took over Richard's half of the character as soon as he died but I don't know of any examples of Rudman performing the character before 1998's Elmopalooza, so he (they?) may or may not have actually been in new material then. And the Two-Headed Monster appeared daily from 2003-2005 for Journey to Ernie. And then it seemed the monster wasn't on the show for a few years before coming back a few years ago. And now they appear in a few segments per season.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ah I love it when they pull someone back in that we have not seen much of. Guy Smiley looked and sounded great. I must say that Cookie sounded better as well.

It makes me wonder if we'll be seeing more characters this year who haven't been seen in awhile. And this isn't even the anniversary season (you don't need an anniversary to bring back long-unseen characters, but still...).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It makes me wonder if we'll be seeing more characters this year who haven't been seen in awhile. And this isn't even the anniversary season (you don't need an anniversary to bring back long-unseen characters, but still...).
I know, it seems to me that since season 40 or so they have tried to bring back more of the unseen Muppets. There writing style is also coming back to some of the classic inserts us older fans remember. The show is not just about Abby, Elmo, Telly, and Baby Bear anymore which I like.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Love the new alphabet and the Sons of Anarchy spoof. Intrigued by having episodes number in a seasonal way.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Hope Prarie makes a appearance-she hasn't been in a street story for several seasons now. And new Guy Smiley makes me proud!

Great to see the return of Chuckie-Sue in the premiere episode for season 44.

Status
Not open for further replies.