UK: New puppet chat show by BBC and Henson

Muppetlab

Reaction score
There is no mention of it on the BBC America website that i can see sorry

Muppetlab

Reaction score
So.. Those that saw the first episode- whats your honest opinion?

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I've just finished watching the show and it's quite enjoyable. The host is british and a little hard to understand. The other characters I was expecting them to be over the top, rude and nasty but they all have actual personalities. There's a female purple producer who in my opinion is the real Kermit of the show and not the host. The host is actually the only character I did not enjoy.

The backstage drama is cool, it's just like on the muppet show, in this episode someone was getting fired and they even took the storyline on stage. I think the thing that makes this show stand out are the games. the games are so much fun especially the sausages.

eight sausages come on stage singing a verse from the same song each, the contestants then have to squeeze the sausage in the right order. It was a pretty cool show

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
Saw the first episode today and really enjoyed it. I found it very entertaining and liked a lot the games they played, my favourites was the one when they had to squeeze the sausages in the right order to create a song correctly and the award ceremony when they had to say the speech and answer the questions in it. The characters were awesome and all had personalities, the characters I really liked were Mancie O'neill the producer, Eddie Watts the Music expert on the show, The Amazing Ian , the Hot Dogs, the Tortoise and Dr Strabismus the science expert who was teaching the kettle in the staff room how to talk. The show was Brilliant and very Enjoyable and I will definitely watch the rest of the series. Also in the credits Brian Henson and Louise Gold both were puppeteer's on the show :smile:

MuppetGeek

Reaction score
I saw the first episode and I thought it was brilliant. Very funny and the characters all had brilliant personalities and were hilarious. My favorites were The Amazing Ian, Eddie Watts, Dr Strabismus, Mancie O' Neill, Clyde, and The Hot Dogs, well they were all brilliant. The Games were hilarious and the backstage bits were very well done. One of my favorite bits was when The Amazing Ian got drunk and was falling asleep. Overall it was a very good show.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Very much enjoyed it.
Not entirely sure who is puppeteering what, except for one really obvious piece, but its all very well done.
I am wondering whether Nigel Plaskitt could have been the tortoise.
The only piece I would say for sure, is that I am certain that Jemima TapTackle is one of Louise's characters - that voice (and presence) is a complete giveaway.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I think they should put episodes of this show on YT if they can, so the rest of us can watch it.