New movies coming out...

Drtooth

Reaction score
We don't need it, the movie company does. Hehe
Heh, and the people that actually like those things. I kida like my horror films to have some suspense and leave some things to the imagination. The only movie that ever truely terrified me was Night of the Living dead, the original version. Making it low budget made it look more realistic.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, usually, don't trailers for these kinds of "comedies" typically show what producers think are the funniest parts of the movies? If that's the case. . .I don't know. . .
That's a really good point. They do but aren't they also trying to go for the selling point as well?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
May I ask, why in shell do we need a Saw 4?
Money talks. I thought the first one was decent, nothing special.

Anyway, there's a remake of Friday the 13th in the works (as well as a rumored Nightmare on Elm Street remake). But Friday has definitely been greenlit by Michael Bay's production company. Only this "remake" will focus on Jason, who barely appears in the original (and when he does, he's a little boy). Of course Jason's mother (Betsy Palmer) was responsible for the events in the first Friday, but the producers say the new film will feature an adult, human Jason (as opposed to the unkillable zombie creature he appeared in later films) as the main villain. The hockey mask will also be featured, something the original Jason didn't acquire until Part III. In Part II (when the character was first introduced as an adult), he wore a simple, but effective hood over his head.

anytimepally

Reaction score
another for the list of Michael Caine movies that are being remade.. this time it's Gambit, staring Colin Firth, Jennifer Aniston, and Ben Kingsley... now, far be it from me to say anything bad about Ben Kingsley, but Colin Firth and Jennifer Aniston seem huge steps down talent-wise from Michael Caine and Shirley MacLaine

I am beyond tired of remakes

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm sorry...Colin Firth a step down from Michael Caine? Doest mine ears decieve me? Colin Firth is a huge British talent, every bit as huge -- if of a different generation -- to MC.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry to double post...

Anyone else excited about the Sweeny Todd movie being released this Christmas? And anyone else dissapointed at the lack of other movie options at the moment? There is almost nothing on that even remotely interests me except I Am Legend.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Sorry to double post...

Anyone else excited about the Sweeny Todd movie being released this Christmas? And anyone else dissapointed at the lack of other movie options at the moment? There is almost nothing on that even remotely interests me except I Am Legend.
I'm planning to see it tomorrow!

I was pumped about I Am Legend, but my enthusiasm has cooled off on that one. Not because of the critics (whom I never listen to anyway), but because of various spoilers/major plot points I found on the web (gotta stop looking at those) that left me sort of underwhelmed. I love the book. I love The Omega Man. I would like to see Legend in IMAX, but none of the theatres around here offer IMAX.

However, I would like to see Walk Hard with John C. Reilly, a spoof of musical biopics. Looks pretty funny, and the soundtrack is great.

wolfy

Reaction score
Sorry to double post...

===============================
OMG are my kids and I anxious to see "Sweeny Todd!"

We just watched a "making of" program on IFC, and oh, how wonderful everything looked! Even Sasha Baron Cohen, whom I detested as "Borat" is going to be a hit. Believe me, that blue suit of his will be the talk of moviegoers for weeks to come (when you see him in all his glory, you'll understand why I say this).

Depp and Bonham-Carter are great, and Depp's voice is able to carry the mood for Sonheim's songs. Rickman makes a lovely, horrid judge, and the fellow playing Beadle is perfect (I almost feel better than the stage Beadle). While no one can really replace the Angela Landsbury role of Mrs. Lovett, Helena does try, and the way Tim Burton shows London and the lives of the people there in a dingy, dark way is just amazing and perfectly scary. When you get flashes of Barker's happy life before being jailed, it's all colorful and beautiful, as is his daughter, Johanna, and her surroundings. Burton has done wonders with this movie just from what I saw on the making of program this evening, and yes, yes, YES, I am drooling over the possibility of seeing it this weekend.

In fact, I have be devouring every story and commercial I've come across for several months now, so I guess either I am a big Burton fan (yep) or else I just really like this particular story and am eager to see Burton's version on the big screen (double yep).

Anyone else hoping to see this? And yeah, there isn't a lot for the holidays this season, but hey, what little we may have could turn out to be the best gift ever. I mean, "Todd" already has four Golden Globe nominations...

wolfy

unclematt

Reaction score
Has anybody seen Juno? I saw an advanced screening with the writer. It was awesome.