Your Thoughts: "The Muppet Movie" Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you receive your Muppet Movie Blu-ray, post here and let us know your thoughts...

PLEASE NOTE: Muppet Central's official review of The Muppet Movie Blu-ray will be on-line shortly. This post will be updated when the review is on-line.

It's official! The restored version of the Muppets first feature film, "The Muppet Movie" is coming to Blu-ray and DVD on Tuesday August 13, 2013. Find out all the official details here on this anticipated Blu-ray release.

Since most of us will be getting the restored version of "The Muppet Movie" we'd like to mention that if you pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or pre-order "The Muppet Movie" on DVD from Amazon using these links, that a small portion of your entire order will go to Muppet Central to help make future upgrades possible. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the movie with a low-price guarantee - if the price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll automatically receive the lowest price. Thank you for supporting MC by placing orders through Amazon links on our site.

If you have seen "The Muppet Movie" on Blu-ray or DVD, please like this post.

ploobis

Reaction score
I love the Extended Cut of the hilarious Screen Test! the audio of the screen test is way better than the Columbia release. I could tell that it was Steve Whitmire performing Sweetums. :smile: :embarrassed: :grr:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm watching it right now (I'm at Steve Martin's scene haha, I am extremely impressed with the picture quality! Muppet movies always seem to look fantastic on Blu-ray... you can see the puppets' textures so well.

I'm now looking even more forward to Great Muppet Caper and Myppet Treasure Island on Blu-ray.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love the Extended Cut of the hilarious Screen Test! the audio of the screen test is way better than the Columbia release. I could tell that it was Steve Whitmire performing Sweetums. :smile: :embarrassed: :grr:
Really that's interesting! I really can't wait to get a hold of this. I went to Wal-Mart today with no money just to see if it was there and yes it was!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I thought the bonus features lacked a little, but not as bad I was thinking. It's well worth the buy, heck having the digital copy makes one heck of a bonus.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
here's a question. Is the movie in wide screen or pan to scan? remember 2005 when they where just going to release pan to scan and changed it to have both.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah fortunately nowadays people are actually smarter and informed about things like original aspect ratios. Honestly I can't believe it was ever even a thing that movies were chopped up for home video release. I'm so glad I learned the importance of OAR before I really started buying DVDs ~ten years ago.

Anyway, my point is that it seems when it comes to Blu-ray the studios do it right an only release a movie or show in its OAR, thank goodness.