Puppet Building Patterns!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
A long, long time ago I had written a Guide to Online Puppet Building Resources. This was somewhat popular, but the web site that hosted it has been defunct for a few years. I still get a lot of requests for the article and some of the materials it featured so I've been working on adding them to a resources section on my blog.

The first part of this I've compiled is a short list of puppet building patterns. I'll be expanding the list and adding new patterns and tutorials as time permits during the rest of the year.

Have a look and if you can think of a good pattern that I've missed, please post it here!

Bear Man

Reaction score
Great idea, thanks for compiling these resources. I notice that the Woman's Day article for example links out to another site…have you considered hosting a version locally on your own site so that the resource remains available should the linked site become defunct?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Right now the link goes to the original Puppet Buzz article (which, ironically, talks about how the article was found via my now-defunct site PuppetBuilding.com). I've linked directly to the printable PDF hosted there because I don't own the recreated pattern and wouldn't want to redistribute it without Pasha's permission.

Ownership of the original article is a little murkier. The copyright on it has probably lapsed, so if Puppet Buzz ever takes the pdf down, I can repost it directly.

Tom, thanks for the the link to the Animuppetry blog...I've actually got handouts that cover the same stuff (with less math lol) that I'll be eventually uploading, but that's a really cool resource to share in the meantime.

The page is kind of a work-in-progress at the moment. I have several thick binders that are "source books" full of patterns, notes, handouts and other information as well as content that used to be posted on PuppetBuilding.com. I'm hoping to put as much of the material as possible that isn't copyrighted online as time permits. Hopefully it's helpful!