Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's a drawing I did based on the characters when I saw the clip again as an adult. The animals are more accurate than the girl- should have paid more attention to her
Something about how she's drawn and colored looks similar to a kid character from an animated segment I've seen, though I can't remember which one (and I know you did this drawing).

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
The more information I read about this segment, especially Namowal's
3. He suggested the source might have been an heir
4. He also suggested (in the audio clip) that his source seemed uncomfortable that that the cartoon existed in the first place.
The more it sounds like an extremely well-thought out creepypasta. I know it's not, but still

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing's for sure: "Crack Master" has now officially taken "Baker #1"'s place as the most-wanted holy grail.

I wonder if Sesame Workshop would want to risk putting out a DVD of the scariest Sesame Street moments (maybe THAT would be better for Warner Archive). Stuff like the street scenes from episode 847 with the Wicked Witch, The Count's sleepover at Ernie and Bert's apartment, the BIRD cartoon (though I don't find it scary), that giant rabbit cartoon (ditto), the Yo-Yo Master (not too scary but freaky enough), Ardy Bumble, Seven Monsters, Lulu's Back in Town (I'm not scared of that but porbably would have been if I saw it as a kid), and of course the Crack Master.

It would also be great if Sesame Workshop put out a DVD of the show's biggest "holy grail" segments. Or perhaps a "Sesame Street for Adults" collectors set. Disc 1 could be segments aimed more at the adults, like celebrity appearances and spoofs (in fact I thought up this idea on the day The Best of Sesame Street Spoofs! was announced, a few hours before I saw the announcement), and disc 2 can be stuff that was taken off the show for different reasons as well as unaired segments (like the original "Imagination", "The Man from Alphabet" segments, and the Katy Perry appearance).

namowal

Reaction score
Any estimate on how many people are interested in this cartoon? When I first blogged about I was surprised at how many people wrote things like "OMG that scared the crap out of me when I was a kid...!
I have a hunch the gatekeepers at CTW know there's people who want to see it. Perhaps if they knew how many people this was they'd change their mind.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure the problem lies in the hours upon hours of footage someone would have to comb through. I've been wanting to see the (May or May not be) Little Jerry and the Monotones "surprise" song in English for some time..

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Just because the segment isn't online doesn't mean SW is going to great lengths to hide it; they probably just feel there's more interesting and entertaining things to publish.

dycaite

Reaction score
namowal said:
Does this link work?
Yep! Thanks a lot! Absolutely fascinating....

namowal said:
I suspect there's more than 25 interested people by now
So far 239 people have signed my petition regarding it.

namowal

Reaction score
Maybe a new petition to get CTW to release it (or at least release details of who made it) is in order?