What if there had been a Muppet Show season 6?

David French

Reaction score
Well, a few of the performers and writers on the show have said that they were running out of ideas, so it's possible that a sixth season could have been pretty dull. That being said, some Cher, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr episodes couldn't hurt. (the three Beatles mentioned were originally planned for season 5 episodes, but it wasn't in the budget. Cher was slated (and probably taped) for season four as well.)
Actually, according to Jerry Nelson the only reason they couldn't afford McCartney was because it had to be him, Linda and Wings. I think all the other Beatles turned them down.

In terms of Cher, she was booked to be a guest for Season Four, however it's likely that the ITV blackout of 1979 meant that she could no longer commit. I suspect she was replaced by Diana Ross and not by Debbie Harry as IMDB suggest.

cjd874

Reaction score
I don't know if TMS would have lasted past six seasons. I doubt that it would have been able to keep up with the rapidly changing entertainment scene for much more than that. Still, it would have been cool to have seen 80's stars like Pat Benatar, Billy Joel, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, Jack Nicholson, Bill Murray, Harrison Ford (even though they had Mark Hamill in S4), or even a former Beatle.