Songs that remind you of Muppets

theSHE124

Reaction score

I can see the Electric Mayhem singing this song while doing a music video.

From :04 to :10 show a muppet with each beat like Scooter, Rowlf, Hilda (yes her from season 1 for fun), etc., then around :11 show Dr. Teeth's fingers playing his electric piano, maybe show Rowlf again wearing that black hat he wore in The Muppets playing a piano of his own in the backstage of the Muppet Theater, and various muppets bopping their heads back and forth to the beat.

At :36, Dr. Teeth starts to sing while playing the piano (maybe in the Muppet Theater or some other place) with other muppets continuing to bounce their heads back and forth in scenes alternating between Dr. Teeth. Maybe show some random clips from various seasons of the Muppet Show and the films.

At 1:01, have Floyd take over singing and playing his guitar (the audience watching at home still doesn't know if he's in the Muppet Theater or not). At 1:27, have quick scenes matching the beats of various things like muppets, parts of the theater, etc.

At 1:30, have Janice sing but in black and white instead of in color singing outside in the daytime showing various people playing, sitting and enjoying the day, etc. playing her guitar.

At 1:55, have Lips sing (sans carrying his trumpet) but now back in color possibly on the streets of some busy section of a city with various people walking around him. Show random shots of people, cars, cabs, etc.

At 2:22, have random clips of either muppets or whatever match the quick beats. At 2:24, we're back in the Muppet Theater and showing various muppets like Kermit, Robin, Fozzie, Beauregard, Zippity Zap, Link Hogthrob, Andy and Randy, etc. providing the background voices.

At 2:49 have Zoot (sans saxaphone) sing now back in the Muppet Theater walking past various muppets.

At 3:12, go back and show the Electric Mayhem (including Animal on his drums) singing and playing their instruments individually, not showing them with the band just yet but by themselves.

At 3:25, show the entire Electric Mayhem singing on stage in the Muppet Theater with Dr. Teeth and Animal in the back while Floyd, Zoot, Janice, and Lips in that order (in which they also were during the Happiness Hotel number) singing and playing their instruments together. Show a close up of Statler and Waldorf bopping their heads back and forth enjoying the song, then back on the Electric Mayhem. Let Animal say some throw away line after the song ends. *video ends*

Dude, you should storyboard this!! :excited:

I also have a couple of suggestions:

I think it will be better that Zoot should do a saxophone solo on that 2:49 bit. I wanna hear that sweet sax music to that soothing melody! :cool:

As for a line for Animal, I'm imagining...

:halo: MAGIC MISTY KIND!

Or...

:halo: BYE-BYE!

Hope it helps. :smirk:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
"The Piper" by Abba - that songs reminds me of Cantus and I can picture him playing his magic pipe I love this song!
I'm A Marionette by Abba - this song could of been on the Muppet Show if the show did continue right after 1981.
The Dream (from Fiddler on the Roof) - Hmmm... this song is perfect for Boober and Mokey but boy it is scary and kind of interesting too.
A Duo (from An American Tail) - a perfect song for Robin and Sweetums :grr: Guess what I noticed. It's almost the same melody as the song, "Two Lost Souls"

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
I Got Fingers (by the Arrogant Worms) - The end of the song ("One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and two thumbs!") sounds a lot like a line from Count's First Day of School. ("And that makes one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!") Not just because of the counting, it's close to the same tune. Other than the lines I mentioned, those two songs are very different.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The Electric Mayhem should cover "Don't Tread On Me" by 311. Pretty relaxed and funky, a good fit for them.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Boyfriend (I Wish He Was My Boyfriend) - Best Coast
:excited: and :smirk: are a great pairing, but like the song states... they are just friends.
/

CountFan1998

Reaction score
This kinda reminds me of the post-Sam and Friends early Muppets stuff. I can just imagine some weird creatures like Java or Business Business (and perfectly timed explosions).:big_grin:

"Brick House" by the Commodores. I know it's obvious, but just sayin'... :rolleyes:

galagr

Reaction score
I always thought that "Takin' Care of Business" sounded a lot like the Electric Mayhem. I'm quite surprised that the EM didn't actually didn't perform this on The Muppet Show. I mean, it came out in 1973, there are significant guitar and piano parts (perfect for Floyd, Janice, and Dr. Teeth), and, heck, at certain parts, it sounds like Randy Bachman is doing his best Dr. Teeth impression. I'll let you decide.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Macklemores music reminds me of the electric mayhem band for some reason :b and 'Tarzan and Jane' by toy box makes me think of janice and Floyd for some reason

theSHE124

Reaction score
I always thought that "Takin' Care of Business" sounded a lot like the Electric Mayhem. I'm quite surprised that the EM didn't actually didn't perform this on The Muppet Show. I mean, it came out in 1973, there are significant guitar and piano parts (perfect for Floyd, Janice, and Dr. Teeth), and, heck, at certain parts, it sounds like Randy Bachman is doing his best Dr. Teeth impression. I'll let you decide.

Now that you mentioned it, I was in a puppet exercise with Steve Whitmire some years back at the center! The track is a perfect practice lip-sync that was used for the workshop. And my Mom became proud of my potential that fateful day...:smile: