Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Well, 64 is a lot! Hopefully the rest can be found. I also noticed a lot of Series 1 is missing. Also, if I ever find some episodes I would be SURE to let someone know!

blackiecats

Reaction score
Great update to the guide Alex with the title screenshots!

I'm happy I could help find the missing episodes and by the time my contact has copied all his tapes we should hopefully have a much more complete UK episode collection archived!

Incidently, if anyone can help me out in return I'd be very appreciative! I'm looking for episodes of The Sooty Show from between 1983-1987 recorded from UK broadcasts. I'm NOT looking for ANY episodes released on official VHS/DVD, so please don't offer these. I'd trade my Fraggle Rock episodes for any Sooty Show episodes I need for definate! (I will have most of the missing UK episodes very soon!)

skekKot

Reaction score
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10...es-of-fraggle-rock-on-vhs-do-they-stil-exist/

Evidently the UK version of Fraggle Rock has been destroyed by short-term oriented thinking by the production company's storage department. Only twelve of the ninety-six UK editions have been found according to the article, linked above, which is a shame.

I don't know how accurate the article is, but maybe if someone on here has some copies of those episodes, they can help out the situation.
Here is a link to some foreign-dubbed full episodes of FRAGGLE ROCK. {Swedish x1,Polish x12, Finnish x1, French & German} and also S03 Ep06 "Pebble Pox Blues" (U.K. version)
http://touch.dailymotion.com/user/FraggleRockin

anathema

Reaction score
News! Off-air recordings of three more episodes have been located: Wembley and the Gorgs, The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles and Let the Water Run. I've updated my page with screenshots.

Sadly the first of these is in very poor condition, but the other two are good.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
News! Off-air recordings of three more episodes have been located: Wembley and the Gorgs, The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles and Let the Water Run. I've updated my page with screenshots.

Sadly the first of these is in very poor condition, but the other two are good.
That's great! :excited:

Nodrog

Reaction score
I've updated my archive-status page with a running tally of the totals at the top, and screenshots for the 56 episodes I have copies of. Click on the thumbnail to see the full-size image!

http://www.nightshade.org.uk/fraggleuk.html
Great work Anathema!
When Brian Henson was at the Edinburgh Festival this year, I took the opportunity to ask him about the status of the UK FR episodes in the Henson Archive. He seemed puzzled that they might be missing at all, but seemed confident that they would hold copies of the Uk-filmed inserts at least, if not complete episodes.

Also, a friend might have another lead. Get in touch with me - @gordonbarr on twitter.

anathema

Reaction score
They definitely have at least some of the UK-shot postcards, as they turned up on one of the US DVD boxsets. A clip from a lighthouse scene also featured.

When the first UK DVDs came out only 12 episodes were included. We were told that these were the only one which could be found; the others were missing presumed destroyed. Happily this isn't quite the case - another 17 exist at the BFI, but I don't know whether Henson are aware of these. It's also quite possible that all the episodes exist somewhere in the ex-TVS archive, which is now in the possession of Disney, but as the paperwork was lost some time ago we will never know unless and until someone is able to catalog the tapes.

I'm not on Twitter, so I'll send you a message via the forum.