Tongues...

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi fellow builders

I am struggling to find the material used for muppet/fraggle tongues??

Most people use felt but its to thick and fluffy. I think it is made from adhesive flock sheet or maybe even suede!! But trying to find the right colour, light pink is tricky.

Does anyone know what to use or have anything that is just right that they could sell me!!

Thanks

Chris

WillyThePig

Reaction score
there's a stiffened felt you can buy at most craft shops...they aren't too thick, they have a sort of rough surface on one side that is very easy to draw on. I usually have trouble using softer felts because they're hard to trace a pattern onto and they are hard to draw the line down the center of the tongue on but the stiffened ones always work fantastic. I've tried suade before and it looks good but it gets dirty faster and is hard to work with because it's so soft and thin.

Animal31

Reaction score
I've also heard mention of some sort of paper they use for Kermit's pupils and the Muppet tongues, can't remember what it is called, but just search pupils and it may pop up...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've seen some slightly lower-quality, store-bought stock puppets (I don't mean those really poorly made ones you buy in Christian book stores) that appear to use jersey (the fabric t-shirts are made out of).

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I've also heard mention of some sort of paper they use for Kermit's pupils and the Muppet tongues, can't remember what it is called, but just search pupils and it may pop up...
I have no idea what's used for Kermit's eyes, but do you mean flocked adhesive paper? It's commonly used for telescopes and sometimes called "flocked light trap material".

Animal31

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure, I just remember someone posting about it in one of the other discussions...

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks slackbot.

That looks great. I just emailed to see how much shipping to the UK would be.

Thanks again

Chris