Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

gbrobeck

Reaction score
According to Warner Home Video's press site, the bonus disc is a 5-song CD. The songs are Eensy Weensy Spider, The Wheels on the Bus, If You're Happy and You Know It, I've Been Working on the Railroad, and ABC Medley.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Warner Home Video's press site, the bonus disc is a 5-song CD. The songs are Eensy Weensy Spider, The Wheels on the Bus, If You're Happy and You Know It, I've Been Working on the Railroad, and ABC Medley.

I wasn't expecting a CD, but I should have known it's something like that (and am relieved it's not something I'd really want). It wouldn't be the first Sesame Street DVD to come with a bonus CD.

In fact earlier today I thought about the possibility of it being a one disc version of 40 Years of Sunny Days, with just half the contents of each disc and maybe some segments from seasons 41-44.

Drtooth

Reaction score
....And my already low opinion of this sinks lower. Really?! The crappy "Kid's Favorite Public Domain Songs We Don't Have To Pay For" Disk?

Worst Best of Ever.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's just a package collection like those "Elmo's Learning Adventure" things. It's not that big a deal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Shouldn't be... but I don't see parents latching onto a 60 dollar collection of Sesame Street DVD's the way a collector would. I really think the biggest offense is this is going to cause confusion with Old School Sesame fans that aren't members of this board seeing "Best of Sesame Street," thinking it's something else.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the Best of Sesame Street boxed set will have the original packaging for each DVD, or if it'll just be the discs in the big school bus packaging. I sort of feel like this could have just been a two or three disc set with multiple videos on each disc (but then would they be missing the bonus features? Though the majority of bonus features from those DVDs wouldn't be too big a loss, I think Guess That Shape and Color and Counting with Elmo are the only ones with bonus clips, and Elmo's Alphabet Challenge has a video storybook).

I sort of feel this could have been a 7-disc set with multiple videos on each disc. It could have had all of the videos that are included on three discs, then there could have been a disc with Learning About Letters, Learning About Numbers, Monster Hits, Sing-Along, and Elmo's Sing-Along Guessing Game. Then a disc with Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan. Then a disc with the 25th anniversary video and one of the two 35th anniversary specials (or maybe all three). And then finally, a disc with Big Bird's Story Time, Silly Storytime, and Abby in Wonderland. Other videos that would have been good choices would have been Elmo Visits the Fire Station, Friends to the Rescue, and Put Down the Duckie.

I sort of wonder if there'll be another 7-disc boxed set for the 45th anniversary. Now THAT would be (more) disappointing if it was just Elmo-centric videos from the last decade.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I sort of feel this could have been a 7-disc set with multiple videos on each disc. It could have had all of the videos that are included on three discs,
Logically, that would be a better deal and a greater bargain. But it's very clear this was a budget for WB release, as it's just easier to take extra disks lying around and put them into a new box than to have to take the masters of each individual disk and reprint them with 2 DVD's in one. Or however the heck you do that.

This release is nothing more than to repackage unsold stock. If it were indeed released as a 45th anniversary item (even though 45 isn't really that impressive an anniversary), it would indeed be a disappointment on par with never getting Sesame Street action figure lines.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This release is nothing more than to repackage unsold stock. If it were indeed released as a 45th anniversary item (even though 45 isn't really that impressive an anniversary), it would indeed be a disappointment on par with never getting Sesame Street action figure lines.

I would think 45 would be just as impressive an anniversary year as 35.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If anything, I honestly believe that for a "Best of" set to be truly a best of SST set, it would basically have to be like a rehash of the 40 Years of Sunny Days set, and possibly also a rehash of the Best Friends release, where you have a combination of memorable and fan favorite bits from the show over the years, as well as memorable fan favorite moments of each of the individual Muppets. That's just my thinking.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it... I don't see why they didn't just make a couple 3 or 4 disk bargain collections out of some of these disks, like they did with a couple prior collections/ some releases of DC Comics and Scooby-Doo media.

No matter how you think about this, a 60 dollar collection isn't going to get the attention of parents who buy the single disks to shut their kids up for 45 minutes.