New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I discovered the muppets last year when the new movie came out, since then I have become huge fan of the muppets.
I love Miss Piggy, she is my idol, I admire her style and personality.
My dream is to see Miss Piggy Kermit married (not on film as in Muppets Take Mahattan).
I've seen all the Muppet movies and I saw all the episodes of all the seasons of The Muppet Show.
Go on youtube to check out the older stuff such as the Muppet Show! They have been around since the 70s :cool:

skekKot

Reaction score
I'm a big Fan of all the JIM HENSON productions {1970's-1990} Grew up in the
80's watching Sesame Street{my pre-school education)the Muppet Show,& Fraggle Rock.
My all-time favorite film is THE DARK CRYSTAL. If you're a fan of the film; then you'll need to check out The Dark Crystal Community Forum http://www.darkcrystal.com/index.php/forums/

I just found the MuppetCentral forum today, it looks like a neat place to hang-out and chat with others with the same Muppet interests

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy hanging out with us! if you have any questions, or just want to talk let me know.

Strange James

Reaction score
Hello everyone. As my username states, my name is James, and I'm a 20 year old Sociology student. Muppets have always been a part of my life, and Jim Henson has always been an inspiration to me not just in the TV business, but in general. Whether it be me watching Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock as a kid, to watching The Muppet Show and Dinosaurs and loads more. It's always been something I've had in my life someway or another.

As for my hobbies, I am a graphic designer, I have played guitar for 6 years, I am a huge gamer (Team Fortress 2 is a personal fav) and of course sociology is a passion. I'm also dabbling into the dark art of puppetry, but I only have one at the moment: A little Fraggle I named New Wave Dave, so called because of his hairdo and musical tastes (80s pop)

I can't wait to get acquainted with you guys more and hang out!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums, and glad to meet you! I'm kind of like you in the fact that the Muppets have always been a part of my life no matter what stage of life it may be.

I also want to with you well with your new found Puppetry hobby. Work at it at least every day or other day, and before you know it you will be puppetering in your sleep.

Strange James

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forums, and glad to meet you! I'm kind of like you in the fact that the Muppets have always been a part of my life no matter what stage of life it may be.

I also want to with you well with your new found Puppetry hobby. Work at it at least every day or other day, and before you know it you will be puppetering in your sleep.
Thank you. What's funny is Dave was originally kind of a generic Fraggle looking puppet, but his hairdo looked kind of new-wavey/80s looking that I decided to give him that persona. I'm trying to give him a good voice though to match that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You may use a lot of the 80's lingo with him as well, and to really start out pick some great 80' songs, and lip-sync to them. That's how Jim Henson started, and I have done that as well. A great and fun song to try would be from Tommy Totone: (Jenny) 867-5309 because the words are easy to hear, and the song it's self is not to slow and not to fast.

Strange James

Reaction score
You may use a lot of the 80's lingo with him as well, and to really start out pick some great 80' songs, and lip-sync to them. That's how Jim Henson started, and I have done that as well. A great and fun song to try would be from Tommy Totone: (Jenny) 867-5309 because the words are easy to hear, and the song it's self is not to slow and not to fast.
That shouldn't be a problem. I'm a huge 80s nerd, so piece of cake (Fraggle Rock was a huge part of that). It's just more of a voice I need, maybe that faux-British voice or something.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That shouldn't be a problem. I'm a huge 80s nerd, so piece of cake (Fraggle Rock was a huge part of that). It's just more of a voice I need, maybe that faux-British voice or something.

I've done that, I was doing a one man puppet show every week for children's church class at my church. I had only a small handful of puppets, and I found one with an nice suite and tie, and called him Sir Henery. I gave him a British accent as well, and for someone who has a very southern accent it was kind of a challenge.

wheniwasyoung

Reaction score
Good day, all. I have been a fan of the Muppets since I was, well...self aware. Starting with Sesame Street in the 80's, then watching the reruns of The Muppet Show when I was a bit older, I fell in love with them. I am a big fan of anything Muppet related pre-90s, but there are a few of the movies released after this date that I enjoy as well. I am mainly a fan of the 'classic' characters. Some of my absolute favorites are the old Wilkins coffee commercials. Can't beat those! Anyhow, I found this forum and decided to join after lurking around a bit.