Songs that remind you of Muppets

snichols1973

Reaction score
The Troggs' "Wild Thing" reminds me of Animal; I can just imagine him singing the lead while the rest of the Electric Mayhem try to hold him back while he goes chasing a woman about the stage.....

Wild Thing By Animal - YouTube

Whenever I listen to Glenn Frey's "The Heat is On" from Beverly Hills Cop, I can visualize Zoot playing some hot notes on the saxophone; this is the best I could find for a Muppets' version of "The Heat Is On" with Alf....

Alf & Muppets - The Heat Is On - YouTube

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I love the Match Game, and there theme as well. I could just picture the Muppets doing a skit to the song on the Muppet Show.​
I have also wanted to get a match type game going on the forums, but it has never happened.​

Strange James

Reaction score
I love the Match Game, and there theme as well. I could just picture the Muppets doing a skit to the song on the Muppet Show.​
I have also wanted to get a match type game going on the forums, but it has never happened.​
Wouldn't be a bad idea. Match Game's format seems like it'd fit perfectly with the Muppets/

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know if this song has been mentioned or not, and I am to lazy to look. Set Fire to the Rain by Adel is a song I could see Piggy sinning.

snichols1973

Reaction score
One Night in Bangkok-I can picture the muppets running around the town dealing with pretty women, pricey hotels, and of course explosions.

Trivia moment: "One Night in Bangkok" was composed by Tim Rice, along with Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson of ABBA for Chess, a musical which made its UK debut in 1986, and its USA debut in 1988. There are some plot differences between the US and UK versions, and as a result, the US version received more critical reviews than its UK counterpart.

I actually like the orchestral sound of One Night in Bangkok's intro, which is also the overture for Act 2.

I can just picture Sam the American Eagle as the lead vocalist/narrator of a Muppet version with necessary lyrical adaptations.....:attitude:

One night in Bangkok - Murray Head - YouTube

theSHE124

Reaction score
I think I heard that ABBA track before this...I like it, especially the Muppet Idea for it! I can imagine a dance group dressed in chess pieces (because, y'know, it's part of Chess) but they dance like they're in a Bollywood movie. That'll challenge Sam's judgment of culture! [Good suggestion, Snichols!:laugh: ]

And yeah, there should be an explosion in the end!--only because I can't think of another ending for it. [You're really clever, Kuriboh Man!:wink:]

snichols1973

Reaction score
The Devil in this Muppet version of Linda Ronstadt's "You're No Good" (from ep. 420: Alan Arkin) has a bit of woman-chasing Animal in him, and a voice that sounds a bit like Floyd's (both the Devil and Floyd were performed by Jerry Nelson, by the way).

The Muppet Show - You're No Good - YouTube

And then you have the Muppets' version of War's "Why Can't We Be Friends?"
(ep. 401: John Denver) with different lyrics, and Crazy Harry is having a real
"battle-field day".....:crazy:

Why can't we be friends? - YouTube