Little things we've noticed

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Though not really a little thing, so to speak, I noticed for the first time today while watching GMC that right around the time of the whole pizza thing with Kermit and Fozzie, when Nicky and the girls are entering the Mallory Gallery, it quickly shows Nicky's sock, which looks very colorful and as if it was in some way supposed to be embarrassing. Not sure what it was, it flashed too fast, but something interesting.
Nicky's socks are running gag throughout the movie.

"Mr. Holliday, did you order a box of flowered-socks?".

Misskermie

Reaction score
I noticed in MCC, what not that said, "even the vegetables don't like him" was not in jail, and he was performed by Frank (sounded like him) Them the same what not was in jail in "it feels like christmas" and he performed by someone else.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, when Piggy answers a call for her psychic service, Miss Piggy tells the customer that it's "for entertainment purposes only", and then accidentally mentions over the phone that she's not really psychic, to which the customer hangs up. But if she had said it was for entertainment purposes only, why would it matter if she really was psychic? Shouldn't that have clued the customer in that she's not really a psychic and it's all just an act?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
They probably want to cover themselves in case some desperate person sued them saying "hey psychics are supposed to know the future, and she was wrong, I didn't meet my soul mate". You never know what people will sue about.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After watching The Frog Prince quite a bit lately, I must wonder if King Rupert, Princess Melora, or Featherstone knew about Sweetums being in the dungeon (well, Melora might, since she knew Taminella was a witch).

It's also interesting how it's said that Taminella put that spell on Melora so she couldn't tell the king she was a witch. I would have thought it was so Taminella could convince the king to make her the queen instead. Or maybe it's a little of both (Taminella planned it that way all along, and Melora just happened to find out she was a witch).

I've noticed that after her powers are gone, her royal clothes transforms into ragged clothes. I would have thought the fancier clothing would have been different, instead of her turning her old clothes into better clothes. But maybe it doesn't matter.

After watching the scenes of the peasants reacting the ways Featherstone orders them, they start booing and hissing after Featherstone says "enthusiastic cheer" when Taminella is announced to be the new queen... I wonder if they misheard it as "enthusiastic jeer", as that's the only time they go against what he tells them to do. After watching it I wondered if I misheard "jeer" with "cheer", but I'm sure he did say "cheer". Featherstone didn't seem to know Taminella was a witch so shouldn't have made them jeer, though it sorta seems he didn't think too much about her (that could just be me). If he knew she was a witch, he should have told the king (unless he was concerned about her making him talk backwards as well).

I've also noticed that many of the peasants seem to have a stiff, mechanical
movement. I guess it's so they can have more puppets than performers, but it is a bit weird to watch. I can tell some of them are naturally being performed by performers, but many look like they are held up by poles or something and their mouths being moved maybe by string or radio controls (did they have radio control technology back then?).

CountFan1998

Reaction score
On "Business Business", when the green creature starts his first line, the blue creatures mouth opens, almost as if Jim forgot it was Jerry's line...

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Am I the only one that constantly notices Kermit's little face twitch? It's a tad weird, but I suppose when a puppet doesn't have a solid facial structure, sometimes you'd need to adjust your hand to kelp the shape.

snichols1973

Reaction score
When Daniel comes to assist Kermit in IAVMMCM (2002), the following dialogue makes a subtle, indirect reference to the Muppet Central website:

:smile:: Hey, who are you, and why are you breathing on me?
Daniel: You're alive, now I can save you!
:smile:: Yeah, well do me a favor and don't bother, nobody can save me!
Daniel: I think I can, you see, my name's Daniel, and I've been sent from above in the name of justice to right a wrong, and help you get the theater back.
:smile:: You? You like some kind of ice cream man from "Hello, Dolly".
Daniel: Well, normally, I'm an accountant.
:smile:: Yeah, well, normally I'd like to sit and listen to this, but I've got other things on my mind, goodbye!
Daniel: No, no, you don't understand; I know that Bitterman changed the contract.
:smile:: How did you know that-- Oh wait a second, you don't run one of those Muppet Internet fan sites, do you?

chudman1000

Reaction score
I was re-watching The Muppet Movie for the umpteenth time today, and one thing that I never noticed until today was that during the "motorcycle cop" scene, anytime they cut to show Dr Teeth in the drivers seat, you could see next to him that he had a picture of Big Bird. Now I don't know if there was meant to be any significance to the picture (I also noticed in the same scene there were quite a few bird decorations in the Electric Mayhem bus) but least it shows that he must have made it to New York and broke into Public Television by that time as the picture was of him in fromt of the 123 Sesame Street doors lol.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
In the Jim Henson Hour episode Secrets of the Muppets, the animation company that Jim visits (in his demonstration of Waldo) is PDI, which now makes up half of Dreamworks Animation. And Rex Grignon, the on-duty animator, was head of character animation on the Madagascar films.