Questions about anything

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm not so sure it was so much a gang symbol as it was that it was related to thugs and gangs and the like...

According to my high school ripped jeans were a gang symbol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh good lord, I'm already sick of it on TBS's rotation... things have improved since then, but for a while, you couldn't watch any show on TBS without at least one (or even two) overhyped BBT promos everytime they went to commercials. :rolleyes:
You know what? I take that back, they're STILL overplaying BBT promos during the commercial breaks on TBS.

But, getting back to the purpose of this thread... why does TBS suddenly have such crappy picture quality? Everything suddenly looks like low-quality JPG images.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Why is everyone mad at me when they don't believe that I am not good enough to get lots of As?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is there a title for the following prank some people pull:

One person goes to another and either tells them their shoes are untied or they've got something on their shirt/ask what's on their shirt, pointing towards it. The other person looks down, and the first person then moves their finger up to their nose, I don't really know how to describe it (it's almost like they are flicking up to the nose).

I wonder if TV Tropes has a trope for that. There have been quite a few works of fiction that have that gag, most notably in the Back to the Future movies where Biff does the "your shoes are untied" gag to George. And would the instances in Back to the Future II where Marty tells certain bad guys "what the heck is that???" and then trying to attack count as variations of the gag?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So does anybody know why early TV broadcasts of The Great Muppet Caper had the Universal logo at the beginning? I thought ITC Entertainment was the original distributor of Henson's first three feature films, but I have seen Universal listed as a distributor on websites like Internet Movie Database (and I think Muppet Wiki). I used to have a taped-from-TV copy of The Muppet Movie that started a few seconds after the movie did, after the logos were finished, and other TV broadcasts I've seen (until I saw it on The Disney Channel in 1995, which begann with the Jim Henson Productions logo sequence) I didn't realize it was on until after it started. In fact I sort of recall seeing one TV broadcast of GMC which had another logo before the Universal logo (I assume it was the ITC logo, but ITC no longer owned the distribution rights by then).

So was Universal just a TV distributor for many years? Or a US distributor (though Universal Home Video never released TMM, GMC, or Dark Crystal on video)?

I sort of have an answer. I asked about this on the Great Muppet Caper talk page at Muppet Wiki a few years ago, and when looking at the talk page last night I hadn't realized that somebody provided an answer. So Universal was the amercian distributor of ITC's films in the 1980s. I was told that ITC retained TV and video rights, but that doesn't explain why the Universal logo started every TV broadcast of GMC that I've seen (and I was born around the time Jim Henson purchased the distribution rights to everything he produced for ITC).

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
About the Big Bang Theory, does anyone think that a gender-flipped version of this show, with four average looking female nerds (as in, NOT the supermodels in Buddy Holly glasses Hollywood tries to put out as female nerds) who get a smoking hot guy roommate would be nearly as successful? (I'D watch it. Just sayin'....).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
About the Big Bang Theory, does anyone think that a gender-flipped version of this show, with four average looking female nerds (as in, NOT the supermodels in Buddy Holly glasses Hollywood tries to put out as female nerds) who get a smoking hot guy roommate would be nearly as successful? (I'D watch it. Just sayin'....).
If it were written well like say Golden Girls, I could see it being successful. A hot guy roommate hanging out with them would have a totally different dynamic than BBT though. I find that less believable and potentially emotionally painful. Still I guess that's what makes good drama.

Eziwolf

Reaction score
I have a question; is there a Telly smiley? I can't really find it there on the forums.

Eziwolf

Reaction score
Thanks so much!

Wait a minute...why can't I use it on my signature? How is this smiley breaking the rules? :confused: