A Muppet Central Book club?

Would you like a Muppet Central Book Club?

• Total voters

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi-Ho! everyone, It is I Dwayne here with another idea for Muppet Central forums! A Muppet Central Book Club, where each month we showcase a different Muppet/Henson book. There are many several great Muppet/Henson books for people of all ages, and I think it would be a fun way to encourage reading as well. What do you all think?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ha ha you guys are funny! So far people seem to like the idea, but what book would be the first one? I have "My life as a shrimp" from Pepe, but what other books would the club like to showcase.

Weirdo96

Reaction score
I don't have very many Muppet books of my own, but a Muppet book club sounds like a great idea. There are many kinds of Muppet books to talk about, from classic children's stories to behind the scenes biographies. It might even encourage those who don't have these books to get them.

As for suggestions, would it be too early to dicuss Jim Henson: The Biography? :jim:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don't have very many Muppet books of my own, but a Muppet book club sounds like a great idea. There are many kinds of Muppet books to talk about, from classic children's stories to behind the scenes biographies. It might even encourage those who don't have these books to get them.

As for suggestions, would it be too early to dicuss Jim Henson: The Biography? :jim:
I don't think it's too early to discuss the biography but there is a separate thread about it already. Most of the discussion about it should be there. I think we should concentrate on an earlier book. Perhaps The Works which would be a nice compliment to the biography.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would love to showcase that book, in fact I would love to review the book for Muppet Central as well. I think as far as Jim Henson books go, that book is going to be the one to own.

Another book I would love to showcase is "Look Before you Leap" by Kermit the Frog. That book has a specal place in my heart for a lot of reasons.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I whole-hearted agree with 'Before You Leap'. That book is a true testament to Jim Lewis and his amazing insight into the characters. I don't think anybody could have done such an insightful job. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'm all for discussing Before You Leap as the first book as well. Great suggestion dwayne1115.

I've never belonged to a book club before. I'm so excited. Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh! :smile: