Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Alright, well, I'm back! Today's street story was awesome, except for one thing: isn't Luis' family from New Mexico? On the other hand, in a 1980's street scene where Forgetful Jones speaks Spanish, Luis claims that his family is from Mexico...but, whatever, it's not that critical at the moment. Regarding everyone's comments about Gina and Marco being in the background, keep in mind that Gina adopted Marco from Guatemala, so it's fair to assume that they were running the Guatemala booth. The Word of the Day segment was OK. I enjoyed the segment where the group of kids play South American instruments; seriously there needs to be more stuff like that on the show today! Normally I'm not enthusiastic about Murray has a Little Lamb, but I did enjoy today's segment. Even though I already saw it on YouTube, I loved the "Rhymes for Mando" song.

I don't for sure if I'll be able to watch tomorrow's episode, but I'm going to try.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
First of all, let me say that Oscarfan has been on a roll with getting guides for these episodes on Muppet Wiki! Today's street story was very good. Mando seems like he'll be a good addition to the cast. The WOTD bit was good, just because it has Harold from H&K on it. I'm tired of those bits with Anime Cookie Monster and Elmo. The Rhymes with Mando song was very good. The Murray tune-ins were great. I love that they're making new Murray Has a Little Lamb bits. Also, the tune-in with Murray and a girl named Georgia made me go, "Aw, that's cute!" I hope Oscarfan and D'Snowth get the file for this episode soon.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm actually not getting the files anymore. My school just got some online TV stream, with a DVR function, so I won't be missing any episode anytime soon.

I liked John Cho's appearance. I haven't seen any Harold and Kumar movies, but his appearance on 30 Rock was hysterical.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aha, so I'm not the only one who watched the new episode with shipping goggles. :big_grin:

I hate that I think that way, but they put them in an awful lot of stuff together (though I can only think of Mango Tango at the moment), and their chemistry is solid. At least more solid than with any other character.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I hate that I think that way, but they put them in an awful lot of stuff together (though I can only think of Mango Tango at the moment), and their chemistry is solid. At least more solid than with any other character.
Besides, in a DVD bonus feature for CinderElmo, Telly said he loves Rosita.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Anyone have video of the count and oscar from yesterday's episode?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm actually not getting the files anymore. My school just got some online TV stream, with a DVR function, so I won't be missing any episode anytime soon.

That explains why today's episode came up on the wiki already.

Sigh... remember back when we had Sesame Street Encyclopedia? I had to get pictures of characters by taping episodes on VHS from fuzzy broadcast TV, retaping them on digital tape, capturing them in a video program on a computer and filtering those frames through a paintbrush program.

Granted, that was 10 years ago.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Regarding everyone's comments about Gina and Marco being in the background, keep in mind that Gina adopted Marco from Guatemala, so it's fair to assume that they were running the Guatemala booth.
As a certain Muppet once said. "I forgot. Uh hee."

BTW: It's... United States, Canada.
Mexico, Panama.
Haiti, Jamaica, Peru.
Republic Dominican.
Cuba Caribbean (one R, two B's).
Greenland, El Salvador too.
Yeah. I knew I was off. I know they have lyrics to that online somewhere, but I was too lazy to look it up. I think I was close though.

Anyway, Drtooth, thanks for clearing up my question about the X's. I never thought of Telly and Rosita as a couple, but I guess that might sense. Though they may still be a little young to get serious. Lol.

Today's street story was awesome, except for one thing: isn't Luis' family from New Mexico? On the other hand, in a 1980's street scene where Forgetful Jones speaks Spanish, Luis claims that his family is from Mexico...but, whatever, it's not that critical at the moment.
I guess it could go either way. He could have relatives from both places. Though SS wasn't always big on continuity, so you never know.