Over twenty Muppets donated to Smithsonian's Museum of American History

pezbalubah

Reaction score
The museum will place Miss Piggy on view within the American Stories exhibition in March 2014. In addition, several of the puppets from the Jim Henson Collection—including the original Kermit, not yet a frog, and Cookie Monster—will go on view in November in a display case that will include marionettes, hand puppets and ventriloquist figures.
So does that mean the entire collection as we see it in the pictures will not be on display, only several of them?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now that you brought that up, I'm wondering the same thing... hmm...

zns

Reaction score
Everything looks wonderful. And of course the timing could not have been more perfect, especially with the announcement being on Jim's birthday and with the release of the Jim Henson biography. Now I know what to look forward to the next time I go to Washington D.C.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I can only see 17 puppets on the table-J.P. Grosse,Wilkins,Cookie Monster,Miss Piggy, Elmo,Fozzie Bear,Grover,the Swedish Chef, Red Fraggle,Boober Fraggle,Travelling Matt Fraggle,Praire Dawn,The Count,Scooter,Rowlf,Ernie and Bert. I wonder who the other 4 are? They musnt be ready and need restoration. From the article, one must be a Skeksis.

I hope one is Gonzo!

galagr

Reaction score
I think this is a great way to honor Jim, and I really hope that this becomes a permanent part of the Smithsonian. I mean, why not? They already have Oscar the Grouch, Kermit and the entire "Sam and Friends" group.

But, wow! Some of these Muppets are actually really unexpected and obscure! I mean, J.P. Grosse and Scooter are finally reunited! How awesome is that? And the original Rowlf with piano to boot? Even better!

Heck, even Ol' Fuzzyface himself got invited to the party!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I am going down to DC with my band this spring, so maybe (hopefully) we will get to go here and see these AWESOME characters! :smile: I saw Kermit a few years back…. but the Sam and Friends puppets were "under restoration" at the time… :grr:

mspiggy101

Reaction score

Big leagues: The famously histrionic Miss Piggy will appear as part of the permanent American Stories exhibit starting in March alongside such famous showbiz relics as Dorthy's ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz

Puppeteer Fran Brill poses with her character, Prairie Dawn, after Cheryl Henson, daughter of Muppets founder Jim Henson, donated 20 puppets

Big family: A news photographer shoots puppets from Sesame Street and Muppets fame after they were donated to the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History in Washington on Tuesday

Memorabilia: Muppets Bert and Ernie appear with the Count (left), Cookie Monster (rear), Grover (center, beside Elmo) and even a Fraggle Rock character or two
wow those puppets are really old where did you find these pictures I would love to know