Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

dycaite

Reaction score
Rumor has it that it's called "Cracks" but who knows if it's true.
Where did you originally hear this? In any case, I think you may be right, and I think Jon may have inadvertently given it away by naming the file "cracksAudio.mp3" (or did you name it that?)

The claim by that one user about it being shown in Ireland during the early-mid 90s makes me think that it could have been included in one of the episodes of [Open Sesame].
I managed to find a torrent with a bunch of Open Sesame episodes a while back (although sadly, none of them contained the Crack Master). Interesting theory, could be worth looking into.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I managed to find a torrent with a bunch of Open Sesame episodes a while back (although sadly, none of them contained the Crack Master). Interesting theory, could be worth looking into.
I watched Open Sesame when it was on at the time, and I remember they used a good number of old sketches whose chances of ending up online are very slim at the moment, such as the 4-part skit "The Boy, The Girl, and the Jellybeans" from 1969.

So there's a possibility there...it just hasn't showed up in any of the episodes that have surfaced online (I don't know how many episodes they've made, but it's definitely more than what was on that torrent).

dycaite

Reaction score
(I don't know how many episodes they've made, but it's definitely more than what was on that torrent).
Yeah, considering how long it has been running I know there must be way more episodes that haven't yet made it online.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
Just listened to the documentary.

Yep, other than the segment itself, definite creepypasta vibe.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I actually dig the jazzy alto sax music used in the segment.

JLG

Reaction score
Heck, throughout the 1990s there are a number of popular segments (Doin' the Pigeon, the original C is for Cookie, Bein' Green, I Love Trash) I don't remember seeing on the show, though I'd seen them on the show in the past or in video compilations.

The original C Is For Cookie was still turning up occasionally well into the late 90s. I remember coming across it from time to time and being surprised it was still around. (Even in those long ago, pre-Noggin, pre-YouTube, pre-Muppet Wiki days, I was able to deduce that the segment was very old by the way Oscar looked.)

dycaite

Reaction score
Me too man, been chasing this one for a few years now.