"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes it is. I can't understand though why Muppet Wiki is saying that the movie is scheduled for 2014 instead of 2013.
Because it's general, official, public release is scheduled for 2014 - 2013 is when they're sending DVD copies to Kickstarter supports.

zns

Reaction score
Because it's general, official, public release is scheduled for 2014 - 2013 is when they're sending DVD copies to Kickstarter supports.
Now I see. Thanks for clearing that up D"Snowth. Thank goodness most of us here supported the Kickstarter project. Now let's hope that we get a review here on Muppet Central.

zns

Reaction score
It just keeps getting better. They have just finished the first 40 minutes of the film according to a recent Twitter post. Also for anyone with access to the private production blot they have put up a sample of the musical soundtrack. It's from the scene where Carroll joins the Air Force.

zns

Reaction score
A recent Twitter post stated that the crew has just watched the entire finished film and it looks great. Now all of us who donated to the Kickstarter campaign can start anticipating on our DVD/Blue-Ray copies in December.

zns

Reaction score
To all who supported the Kickstarter..... a new post has just been made showing off some animation that has been to for the film. They show a 4 second clip plus still shots of an example with Caroll trying to first orange Oscar for Jim.

CopperPot

Reaction score
Hey kids,

Dave from Copper Pot here. I think many of you probably supported the Kickstarter campaign (thanks, by the way!) so you're probably aware of the status of the film, but if you didn't get a chance to support it, we wanted to make sure you knew the latest on the film. Basically, it's done... more or less. We're at a stage known as picture lock, where the picture is completed. Now, we're waiting for the music and animation to be done. Once those items are done, we spend a week in color correction and a week in sound mixing. Then the film is done.

Sorry for our absence from the boards and sorry that we haven't been able to update the Kickstarter blog more. A number of factors--most notably making the film as good as possible--have kept us ridiculously busy (and not for nothing, but Copper Pot is made up of three of us--and we each have at least one kid in the 0-3 age range--it's exhausting--and that's coming from the guy with just one kid, the others have 2!). That said, we are truly thrilled with the film and think that it won't just please the average audience, but believe that it will really speak to the hardcore fans and give you a look at Caroll that helps you understand why, in anyone else's hands, Big Bird would be so completely different.

Anyway--if you have any questions, feel free to shoot them to us here on the boards. I'll answer them as quickly as possible, though be aware that might take a while :smile:. Your voice is very important to us--please don't take our occasional silence as anything more than complete dedication to the movie!

Thanks, guys. We hope to make you proud!

-Copper Pot

zns

Reaction score
Hey kids,

Dave from Copper Pot here. I think many of you probably supported the Kickstarter campaign (thanks, by the way!) so you're probably aware of the status of the film, but if you didn't get a chance to support it, we wanted to make sure you knew the latest on the film. Basically, it's done... more or less. We're at a stage known as picture lock, where the picture is completed. Now, we're waiting for the music and animation to be done. Once those items are done, we spend a week in color correction and a week in sound mixing. Then the film is done.

Sorry for our absence from the boards and sorry that we haven't been able to update the Kickstarter blog more. A number of factors--most notably making the film as good as possible--have kept us ridiculously busy (and not for nothing, but Copper Pot is made up of three of us--and we each have at least one kid in the 0-3 age range--it's exhausting--and that's coming from the guy with just one kid, the others have 2!). That said, we are truly thrilled with the film and think that it won't just please the average audience, but believe that it will really speak to the hardcore fans and give you a look at Caroll that helps you understand why, in anyone else's hands, Big Bird would be so completely different.

Anyway--if you have any questions, feel free to shoot them to us here on the boards. I'll answer them as quickly as possible, though be aware that might take a while :smile:. Your voice is very important to us--please don't take our occasional silence as anything more than complete dedication to the movie!

Thanks, guys. We hope to make you proud!

-Copper Pot
Hey Copper Pot,

Thanks for keeping us up to date. We understand how you guys are. We all have lives too and we can't just focus on one thing in life. But from what we are seeing, everything look great and we can't thank you enough. I only have three questions though if that is not an issue:

1. Is there a release date scheduled at this time or is it too early to tell yet?

2. For those of us who supported the Kickstarter campaign last year, will we still receive our advance DVD/Blue-Ray copies of the film in December?

3. Can you give us an idea of what kind of bonus features will be included for the video releases?

Thank you all so much and keep up the great work. :wisdom::grouchy:

Status
Not open for further replies.