Advice on Painting a Gonzo Replica Puppet

Animal31

Reaction score
Thankyou.. Yea hes coming on a treat. I might reposition his pupils slightly as he looks a bit crosseyed :smile:
What a great job! As far as the eyes, if you want a more current Gonzo, you should keep them as is. If you're going for an early Gonzo, then yes, space them out a bit more.

Either way, he looks absolutely fantastic...

Muppetlab

Reaction score
What a great job! As far as the eyes, if you want a more current Gonzo, you should keep them as is. If you're going for an early Gonzo, then yes, space them out a bit more.

Either way, he looks absolutely fantastic...
Thankyou :smile:
Yea he has definatly evolved a lot over the years!.. Some changes are almost un-noticable until you start using pictures as reference!

stephen murrell

Reaction score
He looks fantastic I love Gonzo he is probably one of my favorite Muppets and one i would love to try making too at some point. :smile:

What type of white foam is it you use to carve the head out of?

Kind regards
Steve:concern:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
This one was only packaging foam. Its really resy to carve so good to start out with. I have a hunk of reticulated foam that i will be using for my next one

stephen murrell

Reaction score
Cool just trying to find either on eBay but not having much luck all I can find is the upholstery foam stuff. I take it the packing foam ith thicker so can be carved easily etc ;-)
Kind regards
Steve ;-)

Muppetlab

Reaction score
It comes in all sizes. For somthing like gonzo you will need a block . I used a block that was 10 inch squared.