Dealing with depression and anxiety

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm sorry you have to deal with this, it sounds like it's very hard and stressful for you. It is good that your parents are supportive of your desires to transfer school after the semester. I wish I could give you more advice about how to deal with this semester, but it sounds like you are in a tough spot about the financial part of things. It's always a shame when money has to be the driving force in making life decisions as opposed to what you actually want.
Thank you it really, really is. I'm not used to having to deal with this and the time commitment for my classes seems too excessive compared to any other classes I've taken in college. When you are getting yelled at for looking at the online syllabus in class (she accused me of being on the internet in class, apparently she can't recognize her own syllabus), something is clearly wrong with your school.

Drtooth

Reaction score
School just keeps getting worse and worse. I burst out crying twice in my photography class on Monday, once uncontrollably to the point that I was trembling. I want to withdraw from classes but then my financial aid plan would change and cost more (going from full-time to part-time) so I'm stuck in this living nightmare that are all my classes.
I've been there. Multiple times.

Lemme guess... Fundamentals class? I HATED those. And no matter what kind of art you take, you're stuck having to take them first instead of the fun stuff. I've been having sort of a conversation about this with someone else on DA about it.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I've been there. Multiple times.

Lemme guess... Fundamentals class? I HATED those. And no matter what kind of art you take, you're stuck having to take them first instead of the fun stuff. I've been having sort of a conversation about this with someone else on DA about it.
Nope. I finished just about all my fundamentals last year and switched to a new 4-year school. However, the admissions website was very deceptive in what the major I applied for actually entailed. The website implied that it was a very media/mass communcations-oriented major when it's really more about art and computer stuff I just don't understand. I'm stuck taking Video Art (where I'm basically learning how to make videos showing what you see when you're high I guess), Photography (which is black and white darkroom photography which is nothing but a money pit I have no time or money to handle) and Introduction to Sound (basically a bunch of nonsense I don't understand about sound) rather than real media production courses. I switched majors to something to avoid these classes, but it was too late to change my schedule (the main adviser I was directed to decided to go on vacation the first week of classes and directed me to a different adviser who had no office hours until the add/drop period was over). And the worst part? These are the fundamental classes for THIS major. :mad: I just can't wait to get out of this school ASAP.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I woke up to bad news from people here in Florida, and in Tennessee. Which makes me feel worse then I did yesterday.

Sometimes I feel like my whole world is caving in, and there is nothing I can do to stop it, I want to help everyone that I can, but sometimes I can't even help my self.

I just wish I knew what to do, or say to help people.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I have been having trouble sleeping for the past few weeks. At this point, I'm getting tired of it. I use Melatonin to go to sleep sometimes, I admit, my internal clock has been off in that time frame because I don't have a job so I've been staying up later.

Sometimes, I get anxious for no reason and I can't get to sleep. This is going to sound very crazy, but since I've started having anxiety attacks, fairly minor by the way, I take my pulse and if it's pretty fast, I freak out, of course, that makes it worse. Even though my last physical didn't reveal anything wrong with my heart, I still worry about it because every once in a while, I get a "fluttering" feeling in my chest. It may be because I get anxious so much, but I still worry that something is going on. Something to bring up at the next doctor's visit.

So, my real question is does anyone have ideas on how I can not be so anxious all the time and relax more?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sometimes it helps to have a stricter routine at night that prepares you for bed. I find when I stay up too late it's more time that I end up overthinking the day and getting myself anxious.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I'm just. Done. With everything. My family is just weird and rude and the only people O can trust are my mom and dad. School is horrible. My teacher called me a dork the other day for liking the muppets. Friends are. Ugh. My best friend from 5th grade got put in juvenile and my other friend from this year robbed a Liquor store!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow well I'm sorry about that, but we can be best friends, hey we are both from Tennessee so we are practically related!

Yorick

Reaction score
I hope all who took part in this thread are feeling better (and all who haven't spoken up, as well!) and that 2014 brings good things to all!

cjd874

Reaction score
Two things that have been on my mind:
Recently, one of my childhood friends passed away suddenly of a drug overdose. He was days away from his twentieth birthday. It's very sad news…everyone that knew him was hit hard. :cry::frown: I've been wondering, "Why is life so short? Why does it have to be this way?" Of course, all of us Muppet fans know the answer, as Gordon so concisely said: "Just because." :wisdom:
On a completely different note, I am meeting with a very nice and very lovely girl tomorrow at a coffee shop in the afternoon. My musician friends know her because I took her to one of our rehearsals back in September, and it's been a while since I've really chatted with her. I'm just not sure if I should ask her to be my (first) girlfriend or not. I believe in the phrase "nothing ventured, nothing gained," but I'm a bit nervous about screwing things up for both of us. :concern: