The Next Palisades Playset - Your Choice ?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! They're all such great choices! How can you choose? Anyway, here's how I'd release them (I would want all of them)...

1. Muppet Theatre Vet's Hospital
2. Backstage
3. Vet's Hospital
4. Bear on Patrol
5. Hispaniola

I really would love to see the Hispaniola made into a playset. That'd be great!

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
While the Muppet Theater sounds impressive, it's unlikely to be what everyone would want. Would it include the stage? The orchestra pit? The seats? The theater boxes? At best, we'd probably only get the stage (and even with the curtains, it would be a lot of blank space), the first row of seats, and Statler & Waldorf's theater box (which would be out of proportion).

My vote's for the backstage area. Think about it: it could have the two levels (downstairs & the dressing rooms), the exit, the area for Pops the doorman, and the "stage left" section of the stage! Not to mention the nice add-on detail -- vintage posters for the Muppet acts, etc. Package it with Pops and Gaffer and we'd have a sweet set!

As for the others, I could really dig the Vet's Hospital playset at some point, but the Hispaniola wouldn't really do it for me. After all, it wasn't that great of a movie. Plus, we only have one MTI figure to go in it for awhile (Sam Arrow). As for BOP, well...it was really only a minor sketch at most. I'd rather get that Electric Mayhem bus from TMM...or the double-decker bus from TGMC!

Mr. Piggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bad Andy
While the Muppet Theater sounds impressive, it's unlikely to be what everyone would want. Would it include the stage? The orchestra pit? The seats? The theater boxes? At best, we'd probably only get the stage (and even with the curtains, it would be a lot of blank space), the first row of seats, and Statler & Waldorf's theater box (which would be out of proportion).
I agree. I would love to see a stage, but it would either have to be massive, or disappointing. (unless you only had a stage and curtain and excluded the orchestra pit, seats & statler & waldorfs seats)

Originally posted by Bad Andy
My vote's for the backstage area. Think about it: it could have the two levels (downstairs & the dressing rooms), the exit, the area for Pops the doorman, and the "stage left" section of the stage! Not to mention the nice add-on detail -- vintage posters for the Muppet acts, etc. Package it with Pops and Gaffer and we'd have a sweet set!

As for the others, I could really dig the Vet's Hospital playset at some point, but the Hispaniola wouldn't really do it for me. After all, it wasn't that great of a movie. Plus, we only have one MTI figure to go in it for awhile (Sam Arrow). As for BOP, well...it was really only a minor sketch at most. I'd rather get that Electric Mayhem bus from TMM...or the double-decker bus from TGMC!
My vote goes to the vet hospital. Then a backstage. The vet hosp and all three characters (ala Swine trek) would look amazing.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Squigiman
HOWEVER, this does not neccessarily mean I want it to be next.
The idea of this is that you are choosing the ONE playset to be made if only one more EVER gets made. You aren't supposed to take into account whether it'll be deluxe or non-deluxe and what it would be like if it was made later. You are just supposed to choose one from the list, as if it were the last - and don't let anything else such as the cost or size influence you.

I gave my vote on the Palisades board and went for the Muppet Theatre. I fully realise that there is a lot more playability and room for funky accessories in the Backstage - Palisades could really go to town with that. However, Ken is asking what playset the line would be incomplete without and really is the most important playset for the Muppets. To me, that's the Muppet Theatre. The place where the actual 'Show' happened and which people remember so much - the plush red curtains, Statler & Waldorf in their pit, the band playing in the orchestra pit. I think the Muppet Theatre is really the biggest non-character symbol of the whole Muppet world, and even in the Xmas movie played a large part in the action. I'd like it to be based on the original design but also with some artistic license used to make it work in playset form, and also for Palisades to add as much of their funky touches to it as possible, lots of stage accessories and sketch themed scenery to stage shows on it with. It's also something where all the figures bought from the line would really have a home.

So there's my vote - The Muppet Theatre !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I look at the Theater as a deluxe set that is seperate from the others. That's always how Ken has described it so I'm trusting that. It should really be considered differently.

There is some confusion in this thread about just how detailed the Theater would be. This has been discussed at length in the Ask Ken thread. It will be massive. It will have the balcony for Statler and Waldorf. It will have a real fabric curtain that moves. The orchestra pit is debatable and the theater seats are probably not going to happen because of space concerns. The thing will probably be at least three feet highand over a foot depth to the stage. This is all an IF. If it happens.

We know from Ken's reports that a Theater is not going to happen very soon, so another a regular set is likely to be next. I think that set should be the backstage. :smile:

redmans

Reaction score
My first choice would definitely be Vet's Hospital with Dr. Bob. My second choice would be Backstage with Pops. Let's just hope that the line goes on long enough that we get ALL the playsets we want!

Tony

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
We know from Ken's reports that a Theater is not going to happen very soon, so another a regular set is likely to be next. I think that set should be the backstage. :smile:
I'd agree that the backstage is what's likely to be the next playset Ken is thinking off ---- but he is asking people to just choose the scene they most want if there wouldn't be any other playsets at all beyond this one. He listed Theatre in there, and so i guess if they wanted to do the Theatre as the next and final playset they would find a way to do it somehow in the way that they want, after all we are talking around mid-2004 !

uncleduke

Reaction score
I don't know if your'e limited to the suggestions Ken made -
But I would pick "Happiness Hotel" with Pops

If I gotta go from Kens List, I would say
"Backstage" with Uncle Deadly and Gaffer

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Had to flip a coin over this-
Heads. Backstage.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
This heading has no reason to be here

My "dream of dreams" (to use Marcia Brady's words) would be the Theatre (or theater... not entering that debate here), but my rational mind says that, at this stage, the Vet's Hospital playset would be more satisfying, for reasons other people have stated.

Were there any plans to have figures in their Manhattan Melodies costumes? If so, would these figures have a place to "belong", or would the playset be too similar to the stage to be worth producing?