No Sesame classic clips at all before 2008

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
For quite a while, I've realized that Season 33 seemed to be the last season to show classic clips on a near regular basis. If you look at the episode guides from that season on Muppet Wiki, you'd be surprised (especially if you didn't watch a whole lot or any of Season 33) to see that most, if not all of the episodes aired classic clips that we would never see on the show again after the season ended. I'm not going to list them, unless someone requests me to do that; until then, you'll just have to go to Muppet Wiki and see for yourself. But, if you see a guide that's not complete, let me know, and I'll try to remember if there were any classic clips on that particular episode, if you'd like me to.

At the same time, a few of the clips shown, would air at least once or however many other times, throughout the next 4-5 years or so, including some new classic clips that aired at least once or so. (We all know how "Do De Rubber Duck" was shown annually for Seasons 34, 35, 36, and 37.) Again, I won't get into too much detail about those, unless someone asks me to. Same deal with the last episode in the above paragraph.

Does anyone else notice the same thing?

ssetta

Reaction score
They would often show a classic clip with Ernie (Henson) after Journey to Ernie, but it seems like they just picked a select few that they would show once each year. They also had a fair amount of classic clips during the letter and number of the day.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I can't wait to start recording Journey To Ernie again because I haven't seen it in so long!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That'll probably never happen. Like, ever.