Learn Something New Everyday Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you hover your cursor over the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button on Google's homepage, the button will toggle into something different, such as "I'm Feeling Puzzled" or "I'm Feeling Hungry" to name a couple.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Long story short, the Elton John song "Someone saved my Life Tonight" is about the guy who did the voice of this famous cartoon character.

Yep. Dr. Robotnik saved Elton John's life.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently, an episode of SOUTH PARK doesn't go into production until FIVE DAYS before it's slated air date.

Seems to me that would be sausage factory production, but I can understand where they're coming from wanting to make sure the jokes and references are as up-to-date as possible; as opposed to, say, ARTHUR, where it takes so long to make an episode that by the time it airs, those references are outdated.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say The Simpsons has that problem much worse than Arthur. South Park is produced more like SNL. And the limited computer animation they use in SP makes it all the easier to get the show out faster.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Finally went on Wikipedia and learned what a croquet monsieur is. It's basically a hot ham and cheese sandwich with white sauce. I first heard it mentioned in Kermit's Guide to Life In the 90's, and just now read it in an article on the food trucks that are coming to Disney World next month.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Two things, actually.

1. The actor who played Mr. Drucker on PETTICOAT JUNCTION and GREEN ACRES (Frank Cady) was the original choice to play Otis the town drunk on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW.
2. Aqua's gonna love this one: apparently, Facebook is no longer the top/most popular social media site on the internet anymore. Twitter is now.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
There is nothing but rumors, liars, and bad news all day long.
What makes me cope? This song! Nothing else!

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
Picasso's real name is Pablo Diego Jose Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Maria de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santisima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
If you wear Aztec print pj pants to Walmart you WILL get stared at.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I learned a few things that I never even thought about, or considered, when it comes to doing dialogue in comic strips and comic books, such as only crossing the Is whenever it's used in a first person sense, or if it's the first letter of someone's name.