Seeking information on Talking Muppet Dashboard Figures

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anybody know any information on some talking Muppet dashboard figures that were on ebay? There was Miss Piggy and Fozzie. Are they legit, were there others and when were they available? I cant find anything about them on the internet!!!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
No idea. My guess would be that they're unlicensed. Or maybe even prototypes or something. No discernible TM or compyright info, even on Fozzie who is still in plastic. Piggy certainly don't look legit. Though, that Fozzie sculpt looks letter than some licensed stuff, so who know?!?

muppetperson

Reaction score
No idea. My guess would be that they're unlicensed. Or maybe even prototypes or something. No discernible TM or compyright info, even on Fozzie who is still in plastic. Piggy certainly don't look legit. Though, that Fozzie sculpt looks letter than some licensed stuff, so who know?!?
Thanks for your input, Travis. I was thinking the same about Miss Piggy looking unprofessional, and Fozzie looking OK. I wish you would proceed with your Muppet Merchandise book idea!!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have done some research, and Gemmy Industries could possibly have made these. I am now waiting on a reply from them.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I got a reply back from Gemmy. They did make them some time ago and are now discontinued. There was also Kermit. They mentioned there was 3, but mentioned Animal instead of Fozzie, so don't know if that was an error, or if that makes it 4?

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
No kidding, huh? So these were officially licensed and mass produced? In-teresting. Never saw them before.

Sigh. And now I have to track them down. :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yep, released by Gemmy Industries in 2007. Fozzie sold separately, and Kermit, Miss Piggy and Animal sold as an assortment. Which would explain why Fozzie was still in the Plastic package and why Miss Piggy was loose, as she was part of a package.