Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't realize so many people were trying to avoid spoilers, and especially that so many were avoiding watching the segment online before the broadcast. But I don't think I spoiled everything. There's a few things I wanted to mention that I didn't, though whether they're "spoilery" is a matter of opinion.

Now I'm sort of afraid to talk about the vine post.
Here's what to do next time this type of thing happens: before posting your reply, highlight the spoiler(s) and change the text color to white. That way, people who want to know what the spoilers can simply highlight them when they read the post, and those who don't want to know what the spoilers are don't have to see them. That's what JonnyBMuppetMan, SSLFan, Oscarfan, and I did. Plus, that's what people did last year they were discussing what bonus skits were on Old School Volume 3, before the review was posted.

SS's latest vine is wonderful:

https://vine.co/v/hDDZFxebhTz
Absolutely! It's too bad they couldn't fit more characters into the frame.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I know Jerry performed more characters than those 5 1/2. I guess they just wanted to go with those most popular ones.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"The winning whistler waits for us in Wichita!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's another thread for the tribute, so I'll just cut to the not sadly beautiful moments of the show.

If Hank Azaria doesn't do any of those Muppet impersonations on upcoming Simpsons episodes, it's a real loss. Still... "Big Bird in China? Won't Grover get lonely? Naw, he's with Derek Jeter."

Someone had to say it.

Seriously... Muppets+ Simpsons=Epic. Even when they gave Sam the Eagle a Sideshow Mel line in VMX.

As for the opening word on the street, I saw that gag a mile away... but that didn't make it any less hysterical.

Les Mouserables was great. Kinda wish they had more time to mock Russel Crow's "singing" and did another parody of Master of the House.... but that "Do You Hear the People Sing?" pastiche and Cookie's Sheldon Cooper-like tendency not to read emotions well in this segment? Classic.

As for Homelamb... eh, I guess it kinda helps to actually have seen Homeland to get the subtleties of the humor. My only experience with it was that Simpsons episode earlier this season. But luckily most of the humor translated without the prior knowledge of the show. Like, anyone who's seen it can tell me if that part about the female agent falling in love with the spy is a thing in the show?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
If Hank Azaria doesn't do any of those Muppet impersonations on upcoming Simpsons episodes, it's a real loss. Still... "Big Bird in China? Won't Grover get lonely? Naw, he's with Derek Jeter."
True. I don't watch "The Simpsons," but I'd make an exception if they did something like that.

Seriously... Muppets+ Simpsons=Epic. Even when they gave Sam the Eagle a Sideshow Mel line in VMX.
'Splain, Lucy. What was the line?

As for the opening word on the street, I saw that gag a mile away... but that didn't make it any less hysterical.
It's about time they did more with that other than just having Murray ask kids what the heck the word means.

Les Mouserables was great. Kinda wish they had more time to mock Russel Crow's "singing" and did another parody of Master of the House.... but that "Do You Hear the People Sing?" pastiche and Cookie's Sheldon Cooper-like tendency not to read emotions well in this segment? Classic.
Yeah. Though I think the second girl might have felt sad too, even though they said she was instead jealous. She seemed to be a bit of both. Still, I remember singing those songs when I was in chorus back in school. I loved those parodies. Cookie learning to share has been a concept ever since the Cookie Tree book was written back in the 70s. Nice that they're still going in that direction.

Anyway, while we're posting other thoughts about this season, in response to antsam-whatshisorhername's request: I did checkout an online video of "Elmo! The Musical." Not the one from today's episode: It was the cowboy episode. It actually wasn't too bad. There's even more of a plot there then with some street scenes. I see where it's similar to E&B's Great Adventures. I agree, with Elmo's World being 20 minutes of just talking about something. There seems to be a lot more with ETM.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Splain, Lucy. What was the line?
"The Words on my coffee cup are RIGHT! It's hard to SOAR with EAGLES when you work with turkeys."

That is so the Simpsons-y style of having someone say something in a funny, profound voice.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. That's what I was thinking, but I don't watch the show and don't know who Sideshow Mel is, so I just wanted to clarify.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yesterday's episode was just brilliant! To read my full review, go to the thread that Phillip made specifically for that particular episode! :batty:

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Loved the Repair Monster the Musical ETM segment. In Australia the ABC airs ETM on its own-so while we have yet to see season 44 premiere in Australia, this ETM segment was put on the ABC iView streaming service.