Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Also ABC in Australia has the yet to air ETM: Mountain Climber on their iView streaming service.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Sesame Street episode for Thursday November 7 is...

Episode 4412 - Gotcha!

Tom Bergeron guest stars as the host of a hidden-camera TV show that tries to catch folks using bad manners.

If you've seen Sesame Street "Gotcha" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Are the backup singers in the Guy Smiley skit supposed to be a reference to something? They seem like they're patterned after some SNL skit or something. Anyone else almost notice like a parallel Convincin' John moment here, or am I only thinking that because Guy and John were both Jim Henson characters?

The main Gotcha story seems almost like some commentary on the news media. I'll just come out and say that. There's something about the news guy making a complete horse's tweeze out of himself without checking the sources that basically screams "every media outlet ever." Fun episode, great to see Big Bird in it... still can't shake the fact it's a stealth remake of the "I've got a Grouchy Feeling" episode. Not that the target audience would care or remember.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be more of a sort of remake of the episode with Mario López and :insatiable: from last season?

Sadly, now that DST is no longer in effect, I'll have to rely on the discussion here for the remainder of the season's episodes until April as Sesame Street gets bumped out of the schedule after 11 o'clock AM here in PR.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was funny. It totally makes fun of current TV shows that do stuff like that. The WOTD bit was good. Cobie is cute. The new Murray tune-in was funny. I like that Murray called the sandwich comically long. The Waiting Game was awesome! I love that Guy Smiley is back. And I loved Stephanie D'Abruzzo and John Tartagila's performances as the backup singers.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree, street stories that involve :grouchy: are always good, because of him being the opposite of what you'd expect and the irony of that is that even he uses good manners without realizing it. Maybe they should have went after Grungetta or Osvoldo, one of those other grouches. I also liked Telly's role in this. It reminds me of the old days of the show when Telly was always trying to show Oscar that he's not as grouchy as he seems.

I liked Tom Bergeron's role as Johnny Getcha as well. I haven't seen that much of him since "Hollywood Squares" was cancelled. I know he hosts "Dancing with the Stars" and "America's Funniest Home Videos" now, but "Squares" was the only one of his shows I really watched, so it's good to see him in something else.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Good Things Come to Those Who Wait". I don't want to repeat myself, but I love it so much.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I caught the Firefly show rerun today, so here's my thoughts: Using MHALL as tune-ins is a good idea, but if they're gonna use old ones, they should used the edited ones from Season 40. Otherwise, when Ovejita says "Guess" in Spanish, it makes no sense. Make it Fit was awesome, because it brought back Guy Smiley! The sketch was very funny, and Eric is doing a great job with Guy. I already said what I thought on Repair Monster in the thread for the Count Tribute, so go there to see my thoughts on that.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Sesame Street episode for Thursday November 14 is...

Episode 4413 - Big Bird's Nest Sale

Snuffy helps Big Bird, who's having a nest sale to get rid of toys he no longer plays with. Snuffy accidentally sells Big Bird's favorite toy, however, causing Big Bird to set out to recover it.

Even though the street story is a repeat from Season 39, usually Sesame Workshop includes some great new segments in these episodes so be sure to tune in.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I noticed the street story was edited in some ways.