The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Would love to watch this video but alas much like ABC and others American networks that the internet is called the World Wide Web and that you should be allowed to view it world wide but you can't only America shame really.

edwardsinclair

Reaction score
Is Lady Gaga even in the same room as them? For one, she just LOOKS blue screened, but also, notice that the leg Pepe is 'molesting' does not seem to be attached to her body and, even when she shifts, IT NEVER MOVES!!!!!

cjd874

Reaction score
Ehhhhh…not really looking forward to this. Lady Gaga is too stiff and can't act to save her life. And dare I say it…the Muppets look too bright and artificial…there just doesn't seem to be that trademark look, that magic touch anymore. It seems like they are putting too much focus and attention on Gaga. Isn't this really supposed to be about the Muppets and their freaking NEW MOVIE coming out in a few months? I am aware that Gaga released a new album, so she's definitely in the celebrity spotlight now…but this just seems ridiculous. I will definitely spend more time at the dinner table than in front of the TV this Thanksgiving.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh, I love the Kermit/Piggy shaded glass images behind her in the room which are a reference to her V column!

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
:concern:: Chickens

Hahahahahahaha, hilarious, I missed this funny muppet humour, so clever, I can't stop laughing. This is going to be great I only hope Ashanti makes a cameo too.

Although the "teaser" was in my opinion awful i'll still watch it and hopefully i'll still like it. Usually I wouldn't have complained until after I saw it but come on if that's what you "tease" us with then i'm not really that excited. Hopefully i'll eat my words if they air a commercial with the Muppets actually singing. I know this is a Lady Gaga special but if the rumoured song with Animal, Beaker and Swedish Chef were true that would have made an excellent teaser.

Has anyone else realised that in the past year or two after Kermit speaks to a guest star he looks slightly uncomfortable? :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ehhhhh…not really looking forward to this. Lady Gaga is too stiff and can't act to save her life. And dare I say it…the Muppets look too bright and artificial…there just doesn't seem to be that trademark look, that magic touch anymore. It seems like they are putting too much focus and attention on Gaga. Isn't this really supposed to be about the Muppets and their freaking NEW MOVIE coming out in a few months?

No. No it isn't.

Again, this isn't so much a Muppet special, but rather a Lady Gaga Special with the Muppets in it. So if she's the focus in that one 30 second clip, that's kinda why.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Is Lady Gaga even in the same room as them? For one, she just LOOKS blue screened, but also, notice that the leg Pepe is 'molesting' does not seem to be attached to her body and, even when she shifts, IT NEVER MOVES!!!!!
That's because she's actually a Muppet :stick_out_tongue:

As much as it's wrong to judge an entire special on one (lukewarm, though surreal) video clip, I'd be lying if I didn't say that this degraded my enthusiasm a bit. Like Oscarfan said, it's shot like a bleached looking reality show (although post-production trickery might be applied to fix that as we speak), and I didn't even know what was up with that Kermit profile portrait until another user pointed out that it was a Gaga reference.

With the latter in mind, the special will no doubt surprise me in unexpected ways, which is why (good or bad) I'll be watching it this Thanksgiving (precisely why I'm also determined to see the Peabody and Sherman movie, but that's another story).

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
hey u guise did u hear gonzo said chicken lolololol so funny and randum.

God, whose responsible for writing that? It ain't no chicken, it's a turkey. (Not Sorry)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well the clip was fine, nothing offensive anyway. It suddenly hit me how much of an Elton John wanna be Gaga is, lol. If I was going to nitpick at all, the Muppets felt a little, I don't know, a little too in awe of Gaga, like they were children or something. But it was still sort of intriguing. You can tell they're trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.