Video: Muppets Most Wanted Official US and International Trailers On-line

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... I can say without hyperbole, that this movie is going to blow The Muppets out of the water. In fact, I'd say so much as The Muppets was made just so this movie could happen. To ease casual fans back into the franchise then hit them with this. This trailer already looks far more epic than the last film, and the last film was good.

Ty Burrel's character is already my favorite in the movie. Looks like he could have done a much better job than Steve Martin as being Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther remakes. His play off with Sam is already amazing.

zns

Reaction score
Looks great. This gives me some thing to look forward to this spring.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Every time I watch it, Constatine looks like Yoda in the scene where he's jumping out of prison in his 'Jedi-coat'.

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Okay... I can say without hyperbole, that this movie is going to blow The Muppets out of the water. In fact, I'd say so much as The Muppets was made just so this movie could happen. To ease casual fans back into the franchise then hit them with this. This trailer already looks far more epic than the last film, and the last film was good.
Definitely agree. This looks like it's going to one up the last movie in a lot of ways.

For one, while the humans are billed as the stars on many promotional materials, at least in these trailers, they come off as sidekicks in the classic Muppet tradition, and good ones at that.

The trailers also seem to sell that this movie will edgier and darker. I guess if we're still comparing this to Great Muppet Caper, the feel of the movie can probably be summed up in this one Kermit quote: "There could be physical violence, there could be gunplay, ...and there's the slightest chance that somebody might even get killed." Though I wouldn't count on that last one.

Also, I'm as surprised as anybody that they were able to use a licensed Sesame Street clip, let alone for trailers.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Definitely agree. This looks like it's going to one up the last movie in a lot of ways.

For one, while the humans are billed as the stars on many promotional materials, at least in these trailers, they come off as sidekicks in the classic Muppet tradition, and good ones at that.

The trailers also seem to sell that this movie will edgier and darker. I guess if we're still comparing this to Great Muppet Caper, the feel of the movie can probably be summed up in this one Kermit quote: "There could be physical violence, there could be gunplay, ...and there's the slightest chance that somebody might even get killed." Though I wouldn't count on that last one.

Also, I'm as surprised as anybody that they were able to use a licensed Sesame Street clip, let alone for trailers.
Well, Sesame has permission to use old Kermit clips as segments on SS, so it makes sense that it would work in Disney's favour as well. The clip probably didn't even cost that much to obtain in the first place.

Drtooth

Reaction score

For another, we also don't have to establish or re-establish anything. The Muppets did that job, and now it's time to lie back and have some real fun with the plot. The story line seems a little more focused and coherent, which was my only major complaint with the last movie. The whole, getting in everything they could into 90 minutes and losing a lot in the process. Hopefully now the edits are mostly throwaway scenes and not major guest star cameos or plot points which really should have been left in. 1 minute of song would have had the movie make just that much more sense, all I'm saying.

beaker

Reaction score

Ty Burrel's character is already my favorite in the movie. Looks like he could have done a much better job than Steve Martin as being Inspector Clouseau in the Pink Panther remakes. His play off with Sam is already amazing.

Yep.

1. The human characters are ON THE SIDE. As they should be. And look actually funny. I like Segal, but he was just hamming up way too much screen time. And the world he inhabited was just too surreal and distracting for a muppet film. Ty and Ricky are so perfect in this, I have no words

2. The characters are established, so we are back to these more subdued realistic moments. Fozzie and Walters bit at the end of the trailer alone works so well. The first movie was so ADHD, "hey look at us! were in a movie! Hey Im breaking the fourth wall every minute! Woo hoo"

3. Again the cinematography and tone. Completely blows the first one out of the water.

4. RIZZO SPEAKS! Hopefully we see more of him and Pepe.

5. Mildred. That's wassup.

beaker

Reaction score
Btw why did the teaser seem so dang lame? I was really not impressed with that super Disney channel-fied teaser and Im glad they finally released a proper trailer. So many easter eggs already!

Though one shot I DID like from the original teaser was the biblical desert shot...what is that from? So epic

dwayne1115

Reaction score
For another, we also don't have to establish or re-establish anything. The Muppets did that job, and now it's time to lie back and have some real fun with the plot. The story line seems a little more focused and coherent, which was my only major complaint with the last movie. The whole, getting in everything they could into 90 minutes and losing a lot in the process. Hopefully now the edits are mostly throwaway scenes and not major guest star cameos or plot points which really should have been left in. 1 minute of song would have had the movie make just that much more sense, all I'm saying.
I agree! I think the first movie was kind of like the second season of the Muppet Show. Where they really established the characters, and then in season 3 they where able to have more freedom with what they where trying to do.

I also think that this is going to be a movie that has some real shining of some of our favorite Muppsts, and not focus to much on Walter. I think Kermit is really going to develop in this movie, and I just can't wait to see how. I also can't wait to see what being in jail will do to him, and his relationship with the other Muppets Especially Piggy. I think it will be very interesting on how they will grow as a couple in this as well.