Greek Myths on UKTV this week

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Just browsing through my listing guide and see that the Greek Myths are on this week at 12.35pm on BBC2 on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri.

Strangely, halfway through the week it is listed as The Storyteller - anyone able to shed any light on what we should actually expect to see this week?

I know I'll be getting the video recorder ready.

Guy!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Great!!!

Also on BBC2 there's a show called 'Xchange' its on Thursday 24th April, 08:00am about the Henson company.

MuppetDanny

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guy,

I missed Mondays episode, Which one was it ?

I taped todays episode tho, It was the first time i had seen The Storyteller: Greek Myths, and from seeing 'Orpheus & Euynice' i dont think its half as good as the original The Storyteller series.

I might like it more once i see some more of the Creature Shop's work in it, This episode only had Dog by the Creature Shop.

I wonder what episode of The Storyteller will be on tomorow?

See ya

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Warrick,

Monday's was Daedalus and Icarus - starring Derek Jacobi as Daedalus, which was pretty good. Not much in the way of creature shop stuff either but a good show.

The last two should be pretty good - 'Theseus and the Minotaur' and 'Perseus and the Gorgon' which feature creature shop work of the Minotaur and the Medusa which is supposed to be really good (according to 'No Strings Attached').

I'm pretty sure that the other two this week will be the remaining Greek Myths - one of my listings magazines said it was The Storyteller tomorrow and then another said Greek Myths. It would certainly make a lot more sense if it was the Greek Myths this week.

I think John Hurt was the better storyteller though.

Guy!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guy,

Yeah, i totaly agree !

Dog seemed better in the original too !

see ya

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Warrick,

Originally posted by Warrick

Dog seemed better in the original too !
Which is interesting as they were supposed to have added loads of mechanisms to make him better for the Greek Myths!

Guy!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Guys

Did you noticed that the episodes are the same ones on video ?

GuySmiley

I got on video a an episode of "The Pig Attraction" with Brian Henson gave an interview to puppeteer Simon Buckley about the Jim Henson Co. and he showed how the "Storyteller's Dog" is operated. Brian wraps aroud his waist a large belt with a joystick at the end where he controls the expressions, etc. on the dogs face.

Hope it helps

MuppetDanny

P.S. Also Brian said the "Storyteller's Dog" is just called "Dog" :smile:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Guys

Just to let you know that BBC 2 is re-showing the original "StoryTeller" at 13:00 (1:00pm) on Wednesday 7th May '03 on BBC 2 :excited:

See ya

MuppetDanny

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Danny,

I think it is great that people are getting to see the other side of Jim's work !

Its usually always Muppets, but now The Storyteller and The Storyteller: Greek Myths too !

I wonder if CBBC or BBC2 would want to pick up The Ghost Of Faffner Hall as part of there Music Teaching Programming?

see ya

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Another Stoyteller episode will be shown at 13:00 to 13:30 (1:00pm to 13:30pm) on Wednesday 21st May '03 on BBC 2.

The episode is "Fearnot"