Question about Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas DVD

jivyivy

Reaction score
I own the old Columbia Tri-Star release and in anticipation of the holidays (late!) next month, I've been pulling out all of my Christmas stuff and upgrading discs to Blu-Ray or newer editions to watch with my family.

As far as I know, no complete version has been released on home video in any country/region, correct?

If this is so, is the newer "Collector's Edition" from HIT! Entertainment an upgrade in the PQ department over the old Columbia DVD release? Did HIT! do their own transfer or go back and do any type of restoration at all; or are they basically the same transfers released by both companies? I'm not interested in "extras"... just in audio and video presentation.

I'd greatly appreciate your informed help!

Thanks very much

jivyivy

Reaction score
Thanks Phillip, I've read that review before and I'm afraid it doesn't help me out nor address my questions. All it says in regards to the actual transfer is that "audio and video quality is very good throughout."

I would simply like to know if it's the same transfer that Columbia Tri-Star issued or a newly remastered and improved transfer?

Thanks.

jivyivy

Reaction score
Any help??

Surely someone owns these discs and can answer my question?

dinoboy

Reaction score
I just purchased the DVD at Walmart from the bargain bin for only $5.00. I checked out the back and found out my copy was from Jim Henson productions. It's a very memorable and cute and musical muppet Christmas special.