Looking for ORIGINAL Antron fleece!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't want to sound negative or discouraging, but I don't think that's likely. My understanding is that the actual mill(s) that produce Antron would love to keep making it for their customers, but the problem is that the company producing the fibre no longer manufacturers it.

So you're talking about setting up an industrial/chemical manufacturing process -which is hideously expensive - and then you need the technical expertise and space to do that (it's not something that could easily be done in someone's kitchen). Then there's also the issue of patents because I suspect that 3M or whomever produced the fibre probably has patents on the material and possibly manufacturing process. I think if it was something that was reasonably do-able they would do it.

Someone with more knowledge of textile manufacturing is really welcome to contradict me (I would love to be wrong about this!) but since the people who make antron fleece for a living can't reproduce it, I suspect it's not feasible.

But, again, I'd love to be proven wrong...

muppet88

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda figured that was the case but wanted to throw out the kickstarter idea just incase no one had thought about it yet :smile:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I actually still have my old Antron fleece from 2001 where I bought a kit from Dave Pannabaker. I was always afraid to use the fleece so I just saved it.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Depending on how much you have, you could sell it for a pretty penny.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
It's only what came in the kit. I think it was already cut in the rough. Just needed sewn together and trimmed (if I recall correctly). Sorry. Didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up. I do however still have all the patterns from Dave