TV Alert: "The Muppet Christmas Carol" on ABC Family throughout December

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The beloved 1992 "Muppet Christmas Carol" airs on ABC Family Thursday night at 9 pm eastern, 8 pm central. Over the past twenty years, "The Muppet Christmas Carol" has become one of the most respected adaptations of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens.

Encore performances will also air on these dates:

- Sunday December 15 at noon eastern, 11 am central
- Monday December 16 at 7 am eastern, 6 am central
- Wednesday December 25 at 11 am eastern, 10 am central

It will be interesting to see if ABC Family airs the theatrical cut of the film (without the song "When Love is Gone") or if they air the later video release of the film which includes the song.

Order The Muppet Christmas Carol on Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
"When Love is Gone" wasn't included. I'm not surprised, since it's airing in widescreen.

The colors look so great in this broadcast, which I assume was the copy used for either the Blu-Ray or most recent DVD release.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Watching this again reminded me why this is one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies, let alone one of my favorite Muppet movies. I actually wept during the scenes where Tiny Tim sings "Bless Us All" and when the Ghost of Christmas Future showed Scrooge the future Cratchet home.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Watching this again reminded me why this is one of my absolute favorite Christmas movies, let alone one of my favorite Muppet movies. I actually wept during the scenes where Tiny Tim sings "Bless Us All" and when the Ghost of Christmas Future showed Scrooge the future Cratchet home.
I missed it, but I still love this movie and the fact it was on TV means a lot as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like they chose odd times to cut to commercial, but maybe it was just hard to find the right spots to lead to commercial. And it hit me that this might be the first time I watched this movie with commercial interruptions.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Good thing I have that movie on DVD. Jerry was a great performer and a singer. His legacy will live on and so will that song. Why do I love that song? It is so sweet, kind of sentimental, and tear-jerking.

When I was a youngster, that Ghost of Christmas Future scared me to death. *shudders*

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Watching it right now. The version that's airing on ABC Family is the Blu-Ray re-edit of the theatrical version; which includes an altered shot from the musical number (a cropped pan of Scrooge through some blurry trees) before cutting to Rizzo and Gonzo.

I admit I'm not that big on "When Love is Gone" and I can see why it was cut from the film, but the fact that Disney didn't include the song on the Blu-ray (even as a bonus feature!) is quite ridiculous.