Have You Seen the Cast in Other Projects?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I knew it was an earlier episode. Too bad they never rerun that show anymore. At least, not on broadcast TV or digital extra channels.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I was in the first grade, I recall watching a sign language video featuring Linda Bove. There was a deaf kid in our class, which is probably why we watched the video. In fact I don't think I understood why Linda used sign language and didn't talk until I knew an actual deaf person.

Oh, and I saw Ruth Buzzi in Weird Al Yankovic's "Gump" music video, though I didn't know that was her until many years. But I guess Ruth Buzzi's non-Sesame roles don't really count.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, and I saw Ruth Buzzi in Weird Al Yankovic's "Gump" music video, though I didn't know that was her until many years. But I guess Ruth Buzzi's non-Sesame roles don't really count.
Yeah, there's quite a bit that she's been in, and she was an established comedian well before Sesame Street started, let alone by the time the show cast her. But the obvious thing to list is Laugh In.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yep, I've seen many a Sesame St. cast member in other stuff. I've seen two Broadway plays where Alan was either an understudy or part of the ensemble: My Favorite Year and the King And I.
I've seen episodes of 227 with Alaina Reed, I've seen Alison Bartlett recently in a GREAT indie horror movie called "The Innkeepers", I've seen Will Lee in the amazing 1950s film "The Little Fugitive" which if you have any interest in the history of NY and Coney Island it's a must see, I've seen Mr. Hanford on the Cosby Show, and actually speaking of Cosby Show, the actress who played David's grandmother was Bill's mom on the show.

And while I haven't seen it myself, but everytime Roscoe Orman's name comes up in my house, my mom reminds me how he played a pimp/rapist on All My Children.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, there's quite a bit that she's been in, and she was an established comedian well before Sesame Street started, let alone by the time the show cast her. But the obvious thing to list is Laugh In.

I thought about listing other roles I've seen for every cast member who actually is more famous than the Sesame Street character they played (I.E., I saw Raul Julia in The Addams Family movies, Gedde Watanabe in UHF, Bill Irwin in How the Grinch Stole Christmas, etc.).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Forgot about Bill Irwin, but yes, I've also seen him in Ron Howard's adaptation of HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS. Likewise, he was also in the video for Bobby McFerrin's song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy", along with Robin Williams.

I saw Michael Jeter before he was Mr. Noodle's Brother Mr. Noodle (even before he made a random appearance in a cover of, "Dance Myself to Sleep"), he was the villain in the original AIR BUD (the ONLY good movie in that series), as well as a neurotic architectural historian in MOUSEHUNT, as well as an adoption agent in this really bad Tarantino-esque movie called THURSDAY.

Kristen Chenoweth (Mr. Noodle's Sister Miss Noodle) was in that godawful movie remake of BEWITCHED.

Maya Rudolph (Mr. Noodle's Other Sister Miss Noodle), of course, was once an SNL castmember.

As someone previously brought up, it's interesting to look at Roscoe's acting career and see that even though almost everybody knows him best as Gordon, Gordon is actually pretty much playing against type, considering almost all of his other acting roles... it kind of makes me wonder if the CTW folks were ever concerned that he may be "too scary" to be on a kids show? I remember learning that CBS was initially reluctant to cast Larry Linville as Frank Burns on M*A*S*H because Larry had previously been typecasted as villains and bad guys, and thought he would be "too scary" to be on a comedy series.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Did you know, the woman who was on the Facts of Life that was on Sesame Street was in The Facts of Life?

That's Charlotte Rae, who played Mrs. Edna Garrett on both "Diff'rent Strokes" and then later "The Facts of Life". She was Molly, the mail lady on Sesame Street. (or mail carrier or whatever term they used for her. Because in a politically correct world we can't say mailman. I've never understood why we can't say mailwoman when talking about a female and mailman when talking about a man- but whatever.)​

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've also seen Alaina Reed-Hall on "227"- she did a great job as Rose. I used to love watching that show as a kid- I've rewatched the first season on DVD in recent years- sadly, the rest of the series has yet to come to DVD...

Emilio Delgado ("Luis") also appeared on some episodes of "Lou Grant".