MCC: What would you have changed?

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
yeah dumb Fozzie is over rated, I'd imagine he'd simply have a hard time knowing what story their telling and could maybe mistake it for other christmas stories and he could ask when Oliver Twist will show up. Gonzo could try and make the story a little more intresting by maybe having a random chicken musical number and other stuff to that effect. Meanwhile it would be Rizzo who is actually keeping true to the story.

I'm putting too much thought into this, please don't start one for Muppet Treasure Island Hubert :stick_out_tongue::frown:

Hubert

Reaction score
Hehehehe...I just may have to do that just because you said that. :stick_out_tongue:

Vincent L

Reaction score
JP Grosse as Scrooge, and Scooter as nephew Fred.
Tone down :sleep::boo: in Fozziewig's party.

Drtooth

Reaction score
J.P. Grosse would have worked as Scrooge if they did an all Muppet version, but it's clear that they needed a human celebrity Scrooge for a film to work. But Scooter really should have been Fred. Too bad for Author Existence Failure... or rather Performer existence failure... which is a shame, since that would have made the movie better. A Muppet Fred with a Muppet wife.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I wonder: When they planned on having Miss Piggy play the ghost of Christmas present, did they also plan on having her play Emily Cratchet? Did they plan on having Emily Cratchet at all?

If the ghosts were played by established characters or played for comedy relief (or if the whole movie had more comic relief as opposed to a straightforward retelling), I'd have liked for the Ghost of Christmas Past to accidentally go too far into the past, and encounter the cast of Dinosaurs. That would have been a funny cameo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One thing I wonder: When they planned on having Miss Piggy play the ghost of Christmas present, did they also plan on having her play Emily Cratchet? Did they plan on having Emily Cratchet at all?
That's one of the reasons I grew to like original Muppet characters for the ghosts. Piggy steals the show as Mrs. Cratchet, and we wouldn't have had that with Ghost Piggy. Than and we wouldn't have the Ghost of Christmas Present.

Hubert

Reaction score
Though Grosse would have the right personality for Scrooge, I doubt it would have worked. If a Muppet would be playing Scrooge you need a recognizable Muppet, which obviously wouldn't work. And I doubt Jerry would have been comfortable enough to suddenly take the character as a main one for a full feature film.

Though I think that MCC's best product still would have been the way they went with a human Scrooge, it's also interesting to entertain the idea of a Scrooge Muppet being made for the film. It might have worked at least moderately well, since the character could be formed to be like the original Scrooge.

I think they would have had to have an Emily even if it wasn't Piggy...No Emily most likely means no Tiny Tim at all (unless Emily would have been called dead or something, which would have been a bit of a downer for the film).

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
The changes? Hmmmm! Change is good, but... let's see.

If Jim Henson and Richard Hunt were still around in 1992... oh now I know what's missing. Fraggles! They might be background characters, but they should have the singing parts from the "Scrooge" number.

superboober

Reaction score
For thise who've mentioned on this thread possibly having made the picture a full Muppet crossover production, might Doc have worked for Scrooge had Gerry Parkes been available and interested? Or if not, perhaps he could have had another role, either maybe in the narrator role with Sprocket as his sidekick, or perhaps in the Fezziwig role. Either way, it was nice that they did manage to get Sprocket in as a fairly prominent background character.