Sesame Street: Sleeping Bellydancing

dietrich

Reaction score
Here's a story I wrote. I'd love it if someone was interested in drawing the art to go with it.

Please let me know what you all think of it. Feedback is appreciated

Cold Open
[Celina is belly dancing with human and AM Muppet female bellydancers. Everyone is dressed like bellydancers

Celina: Today on Sesame Street we’re going to see a lot of two things. First we’ll see a lot of bellydancing.

[Celina and the bellydancers start bellydancing

Celina: and a lot of…YAWN…sleeping.

[The bellydancers all fall asleep snoring very loudly. Celina yawns and then falls asleep.

Street Scene 1
[Inside Celina’s Dance Studio, Celina is inside getting things ready. She’s wearing a bellydancing outfit.

Celina: Hi welcome to Sesame Street. I’ll bet you’re noticing my outfit. Well this is a bellydancers costume. Belly dancing is a kind of dancing where you dance and move your belly. Today some bellydancing friends of mine are coming to help me teach bellydancing. We’ll all have fun shaking our tummies.

[Maria and Gina enter Celina’s dance studio with Gabriela, Lexine, Rosita, Prairie Dawn and Elizabeth.

Celina: Hi everybody. What brings you to the dance studio?

Maria: Well Luis is out of town and Gabriella is having some her friends over for a sleepover

Gina: I’m helping Maria with the girls. We were wondering if you’d like to join us?

Celina: I’d love to but I’m having teaching a bellydancing class today.

Rosita: Oh that sounds bueno.

Gabriella: Yeah mom, can we all join the bellydancing class?

Maria: Well…

[Suddenly in a puff of smoke, Jeannie the Genie arrives in the dance studio. She’s a green AM genie dressed like a bellydancer.

Jeannie: Am I too late for the bellydancing?

Gina: Who are you?

Jeannie: I’m Jeannie the Genie. I love bellydancing and I heard there’s going to be bellydancing here.

Celina: That’s right Jeannie. Some bellydancing friends of mine are coming soon to teach my students how to bellydance.

Jeannie: Glad to hear it. [Jeannie looks at the others] Hey if you are all gonna join the class you’re going to have to get into the right outfit like us. Don’t worry I’ll take care of things.

[Jeannie says a magic spell and in a puff of smoke, Maria, Gina, Gabriela, Lexine, Rosita, Prairie Dawn and Elizabeth are all dressed like bellydancers.

Prairie Dawn: Oh my we’re all dressed like bellydancers.

Gina: We sure are.

Jeannie: No need to thank me. You all look great, like real bellydancers

Maria: Well as long as we’re dressed like bellydancers we should learn to bellydance.
Celina: Oh good. Bellydancing is a great and we’ll all have fun.

Street Scene 2

[Celina is teaching the others some bellydancing moves.

Elizabeth: Ya know I think I’m starting to get the hang of this bellydancing

Lexine: Me too this is fun.

Celina: I’m glad to hear it. C’mon let’s bellydance some more!

Jeannie: Yeah I can’t wait till the bellydancers come.

[The ten bellydancers enter the the dance studio. Five are human and five are AM Muppets in bellydancing costumes.

Celina: Looks like the wait is over. Here they are the Sesame Street bellydancing troupe.

Jeannie: What are we waiting for let’s bellydance!

[Celina and the bellydancers dance a dance together. After the dance, the bellydancers are yawning.

Celina: That was a great dance. [Looking at the tired bellydancers. Oh I’m sorry was the dance too hard?

Bellydancer: [Yawning: No it’s just that we’ve been practicing all day and we’re a little tired. Do you mind if we take a nap before the bellydancing class comes?

Celina: Of course not. Sleep is very important. It gives you the energy to dance

[Maria and Gina are with Gabriella, Lexine, Rosita, Prairie Dawn and Elizabeth.

Maria: Well what did you all think of their bellydancing?

Rosita: Oh it was muy bueno!

Gabriella: Yeah they are ten terrific bellydancers. [They suddenly head loud snoring.

[Cut to the ten bellydancers asleep together snoring loudly.

Gina: More like ten tired bellydancers:

Celina: Yeah the bellydancers are going to take a nap before the lesson.

Jeannie: [Yawning: Now that mention I could use a snooze too.

[Jeannie falls asleep floating in aid.

Jeannie: [Snoring: Bellydancing, bellydancing, bellydancing

Street Scene 3

[The ten bellydancers are still asleep in the dance studio. Jeannie is still asleep floating in air.

Maria: Are the bellydancers still asleep?

Lexine: Yes should we wake them up?

[Celina tries to wake up the bellydancers

Celina: I don’t think it’s going to be easy to wake them up. These are some tired bellydancers.

Jeanniea: [Snoring: Bellydancing, bellydancing, bellydancing

Gina: Jeannie is pretty tired too. We’re going to need more than an alarm clock to wake everybody up.

[Suddenly with organ music the Countess enters the studio dressed like a bellydancer.

Elizabeth: Hey who are you?

Countess. Greetings, I am the Countess, the Count is my boyfriend. They call me the Countess because I love to count. I came to the bellydance class to count the bellydancers.

Celina: This is perfect. When the Countess counts thunder and lightning follows just like the Count. That will wake everyone up.

Maria: Hey yeah that’s right. So Countess what will you count?

Countess I believe I will count bellybuttons.

[The Countess counts the bellybuttons of Celina and the others. When she gets to the bellydancers she starts yawning.

Celina: Is everything OK Countess?

Countess: [Yawning: Yes it’s just that the snoring of the bellydancers is making me sleepy. I think I’ll count something else.

Gina: What’s that?

Countess: Snores. I’ll count mine first. [Countess falls asleep near the bellydancers snoring loudly counting her snores as she sleeps.

Gabriella: Uh oh the Countess fell asleep.

[Jeannie floats by snoring loudly.

Jeannie: [Snoring: Counting snores, counting snores, counting snores.

Celina: So much for that idea.

Street Scene 4

[The ten bellydancers are still asleep in the dance studio with the Countess. Jeannie is still asleep floating in air.

Celina: The bellydancers are all still asleep.

Elizabeth: Yeah we’ve tried everything to wake em up and they’re still snoring.

Rosita: Si, what do you do now/

[Ruthie enters the dance studio with Sleeping Beauty, Little Bo Peep, Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella. All are dressed like bellydancers.

Ruthie: Yoohoo are we too late?

Maria: Oh hi Ruthie are you joining the class too?

Ruthie: You bet. I love bellydancing and I told my fairy tale friends about it and they want to join too.

Celina: That’s it. Ruthie do you and your friends think you can wake the bellydancers?

Sleeping Beauty: Sorry I can’t help I help put people to sleep not wake them up.

Little Bo Peep:Maybe I can help. My sheep can wake them up with their baaing. In here everyone.

[Little Bo Peep’s flock of sheep enter the dance studio.

Celina: This is great, the sheep will wake the bellydancers.

Ruthie: Absolutely, just look at all the sheep.

Cinderella: Hey Bo Peep how many sheep do you have?

Little Bo Peep: Gee I don’t know. Why don’t we count them.

Celina: Uh maybe you shouldn’t count the sheep.

Ruthie: [Yawning: I counted ten sheep. How about you girls?

[Sleeping Beauty, Little Bo Peep, Little Red Riding Hood and Cinderella are all asleep and snoring loudly.

Maria: Uh oh Ruthie, you’re friends fell asleep.

[The sheep are all asleep baaing their snores with the fairy tale girls.

Gina: They’re not alone either, even the sheep are asleep.

[Ruthie falls asleep with the fairy tale girls

Prairie Dawn: That’s OK so is Ruthie.

Celina: Oh dear, so far my bellydancing class is turning into a slumber party.

Jeannie: [Snoring: Slumber party, slumber party, slumber party.

Street Scene 5

[The ten bellydancers are still asleep in the dance studio. Ruthie is asleep with her fairy tale friends near them. Jeannie is still asleep floating in air.

Celina: We’ve tried everything to wake up the bellydancers but they’re all still asleep

Rosita: Si it’s like siesta time.

Lexine: What’s a siesta?

Rosita: Siesta is the Spanish word for nap.

Elizabeth: [Yawning I could go for a snooze too

Rosita: Si me too. [Rosita then sings Siesta.

Prairie Dawn: [Yawning: That’s a nice song Rosita

Gabriella: [Yawning: Yeah but’s making me sleepy.

[Gabriela, Lexine, Rosita, Prairie Dawn and Elizabeth fall asleep snoring loudly.
:
Maria: Well there go our girls. I guess our sleepover will be at the dance studio

Jeannie: [Snoring: Buenos noches

Street Scene 6

[The ten bellydancers are still asleep in the dance studio. Ruthie is asleep with her fairy tale friends near them. Gabriella and the girls are asleep near them, Jeannie is still asleep floating in air.

Celina: Oh dear, we’ve tried everything to wake up the bellydancers and they’re all still sound asleep. And my bellydancing class will be here any minute.

Maria: [Trying to wake up Gabriella: I can’t even wake up the girls. They’re really tired. [Yawning: And so am I.

Gina: [Looking at the bellydancers dancing in their sleep: Hey look at that the dancers are bellydancing in their sleep a little.

Maria: Yeah I guess they can dance in their sleep.

Celina: Hey that gives me an idea! If we can’t wake up the dancers, then we’ll use them.

[The bellydancing class enters the dance studio. They are human and AM women and girls dressed like bellydancers.

Celina: Hi everyone welcome to the class. [Aside to Maria and Gina: I’ll handle this.

[Maria and Gina fall asleep when Celina leaves them/

Maria: [Yawning: OK we’ll be right here/

[Celina leads her class in. The sleeping bellydancers in.

Celina: I’ll bet you’re wondering why everyone is asleep. That’s because the bellydancers here...

Jeannie: [Snoring: Bellydancing, bellydancing, bellydancing.

Celina: That’s right. The bellydancers were really sleepy when they got here and wanted to take a nap.

[Panning to everyone asleep in the studio.

Celina: Our bellydancing class has become a bit of a slumber party, but I know a bellydance that will help dance you to sleep. Are you all interested?

[The bellydancing class is interested in the new dance. Celina leads them in a bellydance called “Bellydance Myself to Sleep”. By the end of the song, the entire class is asleep too snoring away.

Celina: That did it. One way or another we had a bellydancing lesson.

[The sleeping bellydancers continue bellydancing in their sleep.

Celina: Looks like my bellydancing friends wanted to teach dancing even in their sleep.

[Celina looks at everyone asleep in the dance studio snoring.

Celina: Wow judging by that snoring it looks like everyone is going to sleep all night. I hope you don’t mind having your sleepover here Maria. Maria?

[Celina sees Gina and Maria asleep too. She goes to sleep near them.

Celina: [Yawning: Well if ya can’t beat them, join them.

[Celina falls asleep snoring away with everyone in the dance studio.

Street Scene 7

[The nighttime Sesame Street theme plays as everyone in the dance studio is still asleep. The panel goes from the bellydancing class, the bellydancers, Ruthie and her fairy tale friends, the sheep, Gabriella and the girls, then finally Maria, Gina and Celina. Jeannie floats near Gina, Maria and Celina snuggling near them.

Jeannie: [Snoring: Sesame Street was brought to you today by the Letter Z and the Number 10.

[Another panel of everyone asleep in the dance studio.

Jeannie: [Snoring: Sesame Street is a production of the Children’s Television Workshop. [Snoring:Bellydancing, bellydancing, bellydancing.

dietrich

Reaction score
Hey I was looking for feedback on my story.

Also is anyone on the forum interested in providing artwork to go with it.

Please let me know!

dietrich

Reaction score
Hey I'm just bumping up my story for feedback.

Also is anyone on the forum interested in providing artwork to go with it. Please let me know!

dietrich

Reaction score

Also is anyone on the forum interested in providing artwork to go with it. Please let me know!

dietrich

Reaction score