The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

wiley207

Reaction score
Sunday night's new Family Guy episode had a brief reference: at the start, the family (now with Vinny in place of Brian) was watching TV. The announcer says, "We now return to Muppet Babies." But on the TV, we see the adult Kermit and Miss Piggy looking into a crib. Kermit notes there's something wrong with their child, to which they pan down to show a disturbing-looking frog/pig hybrid yelling that he's in pain and that he wants to die.

I doubt many others on this forum saw that, due to the recent events on the show. (I even heard the episode did not pull in the ratings FOX was expecting... I guess a lot of people were turned off by Vinny. (though to be fair, I have a feeling Brian is still going to come back in some way...)

Dr TeethFan

Reaction score
Sunday night's new Family Guy episode had a brief reference: at the start, the family (now with Vinny in place of Brian) was watching TV. The announcer says, "We now return to Muppet Babies." But on the TV, we see the adult Kermit and Miss Piggy looking into a crib. Kermit notes there's something wrong with their child, to which they pan down to show a disturbing-looking frog/pig hybrid yelling that he's in pain and that he wants to die.

I doubt many others on this forum saw that, due to the recent events on the show. (I even heard the episode did not pull in the ratings FOX was expecting... I guess a lot of people were turned off by Vinny. (though to be fair, I have a feeling Brian is still going to come back in some way...)

Drtooth

Reaction score
S

I loyally watch the show, even though I don't enjoy it as much as I used to back when it first came out. Vinny really doesn't do much on the show compared to the character he replaced...well, so far. He basically said some homophobic joke that came off rather hateful than trollingly offensive... Trollingly offensive being Family Guy's bread and butter. But over all, it wasn't too interesting an episode anyway.

wiley207

Reaction score
Here's an interesting idea for a parody Family Guy could do. Maybe it will occur during the teaser, where Peter and Stewie comment "At least it's not like the time we went through our calypso stage!" To which we then begin the episode with a parody of the 1992-1998 "Sesame Street" calypso opening sequence! Maybe Peter could do Big Bird's "Ha-HA!", Stewie Griffin doing Cookie's "HI! HI!" in the submarine, and a few other things, maybe even the cheesy animated elements like that monkey on a vine or that bird at the end!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here's a good muppet reference.

ON Griifins' TV

The Muppet Newsman: Here's a muppet news flash Family Guy has been canceled here's Kermit the frog with the latest.

Kermit: Thank you, family guy will be replaced with reruns of the muppet show YAYYYYYYYYYYY, STARTING NOW.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's an interesting idea for a parody Family Guy could do. Maybe it will occur during the teaser, where Peter and Stewie comment "At least it's not like the time we went through our calypso stage!" To which we then begin the episode with a parody of the 1992-1998 "Sesame Street" calypso opening sequence! Maybe Peter could do Big Bird's "Ha-HA!", Stewie Griffin doing Cookie's "HI! HI!" in the submarine, and a few other things, maybe even the cheesy animated elements like that monkey on a vine or that bird at the end!
Kinda too specific, and the author appeal would probably go for something from the 80's instead.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Family Guy:

Kermit
Miss Piggy
Big Bird
Bert
Ernie
Grover
Cookie Monster
Statler and Waldorf
Dr. Teeth
Janice
Animal
Swedish Chef
Elmo
Telly
Bunsen
Beaker
Fozzie Bear

American Dad:

Big Bird
Cookie Monster
Elmo
Bert
Ernie
Kermit
Miss Piggy
Fozzie Bear
Gonzo
Animal

The Simpsons:

Big Bird
Elmo
Kermit
Oscar the Grouch
Miss Piggy
Fozzie Bear
Swedish Chef
Beaker (mentioned)

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had some ideas for Family Guy clips:

Stewie says his first role in a movie was Toby from Labyrinth and it goes to a cutaway of Jareth holding Stewie singing the Magic Dance song.

A parody of Farscape called "Fartscape".

Chris takes a walk in the woods and runs into Bear from Bear In The Big Blue House.

Peter meets Oscar the Grouch on a city street and Oscar cusses him out and then beats him up.

Brian hangs out with a bunch of famous TV dogs including Rowlf and Sprocket. Other ones could include Scooby-Doo, Lassie, Odie, and Gromit.

Chris sneaks in an R-rated movie called "Nightmare on Sesame Street" where Elmo (dressed as Freddy Krueger) goes around killing people.