This thread has brought to you by the letter X!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Sesame goes to... WHAT THE....?!?!?!?! Please explaine!!!!!!!
I don't know, I didn't watch the episode. As far as I know, it probably has the gang visiting a prison or something...

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
What about the extened Bacon and X skit where Ernie makes x's on a chalkboard and Bert gives him a x as a reward. He coems in and says a monster (cookie not named yet) has come and ate the bacon. Cookie comes in and takes the x and says "Me always have bacon and x for breakfast". This was from the second episode. The Sponsors were A, B and X

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Re: Re: This thread has brought to you by the letter X!

Originally posted by punkNpuppets
impossible. Don and Guy are the same puppets
You do not realize that they have many blank yellow Anything Muppets, and they build more of them all the time...I'm sure they were able to procure two to have Don and Guy in the same skit.

mikealan

Reaction score
I've remembered the EXTRA "X" segments!

1. Big Bird turns the scene upside-down to show us that the "X" is upside-down

2. An animated segment with the red "X" flashing as a kid's voice or woman's voice says "X!"

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: This thread has brought to you by the letter X!

Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
You do not realize that they have many blank yellow Anything Muppets, and they build more of them all the time...I'm sure they were able to procure two to have Don and Guy in the same skit.
OR they take put the "wig" and glasses on Guy, in the next shot, he's Don. they take it off when the am should be Guy. or were they in a shot together?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: This thread has brought to you by the letter X!

Originally posted by punkNpuppets
OR they take put the "wig" and glasses on Guy, in the next shot, he's Don. they take it off when the am should be Guy. or were they in a shot together?
I have not seen the segment, but I would like to repeat, there is more than one of every Muppet, and there's probably many of each Anything Muppet, so if they did appear in the same shot, it wouldn't be a surprising feat, since they probably have about a dozen of each AM at a time...

Drtooth

Reaction score
To PunknPuppets: They actually have lots and lots of Blank AM heads, so they can make all the popular characters (Guy and Don included), and several various background extras with the same character. Hope this clears up confusion.

There was this one BOOOOORing skit with "X" someone may have mentioned. They just show various flashing "X's" on a black background. A child's voice just keeps saying "X" with great tedium.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mikealan

Reaction score
Definately the noo-nee-noo typewriter appeared on the "X, X-Ray" segment. It starts where the typewriter finds out what's wrong on one of his wheels, so he examines it with the x-ray machine. As the machine puts the oil in one of the typewriter's wheels, it now rolls fine.

mikealan

Reaction score
I remember the other "X" sketches on the 123 Sesame Street show from 1993 where Telly votes for the number thirteen:

1) X's that twirl around as the background voices sing about the letter X

2) An animated segment where a blue "X" is stamped and this shows us the different types of X's

Can you guys think of any other "X" memories?

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I remember there was a song by Grungetta and Oscar singing about their favorite transportation called "The X-Train". It starts with Gordon thinking why are they arguing. And Grungetta and Oscar told Gordon they are not arguing they are going to sing a song about "The X-Train". I love the refrain part with the two train conductor grouch muppets goes "Grumble, Grumble, Grumble, Grumble, X-Train! Grumble, Grumble, Grumble, Grumble, X-Train!" Sounds like Marty P. Robinson and Richard Hunt are doing the train conductor grouches.