What do the Muppets mean to you?

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
I've been a fan for my whole life. I only became a super fan last year. I had just moved and I knew no one. I was watching The Muppets commentary and heard of this site. I thought Oh. That sounds like a cool place. I came on here and made some friends. I even met my best friend here! I wanna tell you that I think the muppets have been through thick and thin with me and if I were to meet them I'd probably just say thank you.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey guys! I wanted to point you all in the direction of my Muppet Fan Tribute Blog that I created a few months ago. I've been short on articles the past couple of weeks, but I have a few more articles being written in this week, and I'm starting to get it rolling again, so if you think you might want to help out, you can send any article ideas you have to muppetfanblog@gmail.com!

Be sure to check out the site here: http://muppetfanblog.blogspot.com/

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
I was driving to work today and Had this though and after looking through the forum briefly I did not find anything that asked this question...so I thought why not.

I know most of us fans have a special place in our hearts for the Muppets but for some maybe most of us it's more then just being a fan or watching a TV show or movie. Here is your chance to share feelings thoughts that maybe you haven't in a while or maybe It's your first time really looking at What the Muppets really mean to you. Whichever I look forward to seeing and learning how far and deeply the Muppets have reached in peoples lives.
I don't really know what draws me to the Muppets. I think it's partially just the general strangeness of it all. But for me the best part of the Muppets, The Fraggles, Sesame Street, and everything else Jim Henson, is that completely happy feeling I get when they come on. I just start smiling, and I will sing along to their songs, and I will play "One Of These Things Is Not Like the Others" with the Sesame Street gang, or laugh at Statler and Waldorf, or take to heart whatever the Trash Heap says, or want to give Hoggle (Labyrinth) a huge hug. I just always feel safe in Jim Henson's world, like nothing will ever hurt me there. I'm not sure if that made any sense, but that's what the Muppets mean to me.
:smile:

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
My thoughts/prayers are with you Charlie. If you need someone to talk to I'm here.

My hope for this thread that with fans sharing there personal feelings about the Muppets that some of us will become closer.
That's cool of you, really. I mean, what are Muppet fans without the sense of community? :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
According to Bill Cosby via his live tweeter feed today working with Jim Henson and the Muppets was wonderful. I think just about everyone has said that, with a few exceptions.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
The Muppets mean so much to me. Especially Dr.Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. The band always brightens up my world. Whenever I see or think or hear about something involving Woodstock, hippies, 80s classics, music's, or VERY colorful art.....I think of the Electric Mayhem. Luv them groovy dudes. Fer sure fully, man, fer sure fully.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Also in the summer my best and closest friend moved and left for college and I was so depressed and couldn't stop crying ever since our goodbyes i wasnt in a good state of mind tbh i had thought 'maybe i should seriously be in the hospital' one day I was trying to find something to take my mind off that topic so I went and youtubed some muppet episodes and specials seeing a very happy muppets so being positive about life made me smile again and I was feeling a lot better and seeing more positive in my best friend going away for a bit than negativity. Like they always said 'I've got everything that I need right in front of me nothing's stopping nothing that I can see' that line from that song has always kept my spirits up because its true i cant let one bad thing cause me to feel upset and bad the rest of my life and at the end of the summer I joined mc and met some other friends on here that I can talk to and whenever I get upset and feel like I have no one I turn to them and the muppets. I'm happy to say because you all and the muppets I'm okay :smile:

MissKatie88

Reaction score
When i think of the Muppets i don’t just think of Kermit, Miss Piggy and Gonzo etc.. I think of all the puppets that Jim Henson and the company created throughout his amazing life. I love everything about Muppet Puppets. My favorite movie since i was a little, little girl was the labyrinth, I have watched that movie hundreds of times, and have memorized every word.... I rented that VHS so many times, the women who owned the store told my mom to just buy it for me... so she did. Fraggle Rock was my favorite show, and Emmet Otter and the Christmas Toy where my two favorite movies to watch during the Holidays....and any other day of the year :smile: I really truly feel as though Jim Henson struck a creative, adventurous, fun loving side to me. I don’t feel i would be the same person if i hadn’t known of the miracle of the Muppets. When i was a young teenager my parents and i went to go see Muppets From Space, I’m telling you, we were the only people laughing in the whole theater. I really feel as though there is something missing in so many people, and maybe, just maybe if they had been exposed to Jim Henson and the Muppets like i was, they would be better people and the world would be a kinder more generous and thoughtful place. I am an artist and i draw from my imagination, i grew up in the woods and i relied solely on my creativity to keep me entertained, Jim Henson enhanced that side of me and i truly believe i wouldn’t be the person i am today if his beautiful mind hadn’t been recognized. I would love nothing more than to work for the company, ah just to be involved and to help spread the love of the unbelievable legacy of Jim Henson, ahh what a thought :smile: Thanks mom for showing me the way.